Meditation with yoga position

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by meditation24h24, Oct 10, 2020.

1. meditation24h24

meditation24h24 Member

Hello, I have been practicing meditation for a while each day before bed...(850hr+) Im doing a full
    conscientious meditation. (observing my body with the flow of my breath) It has significant results. I don't over react on my emotion anymore, I feel more calm, I feel more spiritual, I pray when needed. Recently, while I was in the bus. I started wondering if I could do yoga and I came to this result, I could do meditation 1x time a day but this time in a Yoga position. So since 3 days, I'm practicing meditation in sukhasana. I found it really hard to be confortable in this position but it have improved since the last 3 days. Any tips to be confortable? Should I first take all the time needed to sit and be confortable before even starting to meditate? That's what I did this morning but that was really hard. Anyway I think it's better to learn slowly and practice no more than 1 time a day. By the way, I have been practicing meditation with the position of me laying on my back. I dont fall a sleep while in meditation but It provoc me asleep. But i get results 100% time i do this meditation before bed. Anyway i'll keep practicing. I also wonder if there's a way to end the meditation smoothly in a yoga position. Usually I just fall asleep right after so .. haha
    My bad for those mistakes, english isn't my main langage ;)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  2. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

There are some hatha yoga accessories like back rests or Yoga Floor Chair with back support which can be helpful.
    You can try this out to feel comfortable in sukhasana or padmasana.

Sitting in Padmasana has an advantage of bringing clarity of mind easily when one is confused or agitated or restless.
    But if you still find it hard to be in sukhasana or padmasana with practice and time , you can continue sitting on chairs. There are chairs in meditation centers for people who find it hard to sit in padmasana.

It's better to meditate with an erect back, as meditating lying down can induce sleep faster.

I myself enjoy meditation in padmasana or sukhasana, but there were times when I felt comfortable meditating on a chair or sofa. I think it depends on what you feel comfortable with at the moment.

Meditation before sleep also aids in getting rejuvenating deep sleep without disturbing dreams.