Meditation Area

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by rainbowkid, Aug 17, 2005.

1. rainbowkid

rainbowkid Member

Does anyone else here have a Meditation area in their room or house etc? Because I've created a little area for myself to Meditate for the ultimate Karma sensation....With candles, various Buddha ornaments, which are facing the door and a throw over as a small door for comfort and an amazing atmosphere....
    So then, Who else has a 'Meditation Area'? :p

2. TreeFiddy

TreeFiddy Member

I dunno...I never really felt the need to. I just sit somewhere in my room and make sure its pretty quiet. I can just see mself arranging something like that only to realize when I start meditating that it was all pretty unnecessary. But thats me.

3. enigma_rising

enigma_rising Member

i really want like a spare room to turn into that kind of place, for writing and creating art in too and to practice my therapies...im studying to become a holistic therapist right now.

4. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

I sit on a red-maroon cushion, and a sheepskin rug--both given to me. Sometimes I light candles, and sometimes I'll place crystals nearby. I play music that reminds me of love and truth, and I create an joyfully appreciative, loving atmosphere around me. I move slowly and intentionally as I'm creating this atmosphere.
    A manifestation of my inner sanctuary :cool:

5. hemp_boy

hemp_boy Member

i dont but i would like too.
    what i do have is my desk, and in the corner of it i have a few budhas, lots and lots of insence and burners, chinese handballs, and over the desk i have a tibetein ( tibet-in sorry no idea on how to spell that) prayer flag, so those are always with 5 feet away when i meditate on my bed
    arnar

6. sylvanlightning

sylvanlightning Prismatic Essence

I have a cushion made by the egyptian sister of my uncle dessouky and a sheep skin rug as well, however a rug or mat made of natural fibers is great. I have a meditation and stretching space on one side of my bed, if I had alot of space in the house perhaps I would have a seperate room, but a seperate room isn't really necessary... just need to be able to have some quiet tranquil time, in a sacred space, so no senses pull you from outside...

7. bamb00gal

bamb00gal Member

i wish i did....i meditate on my bed lol

8. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

I don't have one. I don't use incense or buddha images to meditate, rarely use candles, don't have the space, or the decorative tendencies to actually make a nice place for myself. It's not really necessary anyways, just another way for people to make money off spiritually needy people. Buy the fancy cushion, the expensive incense, the gold covered idols, etc etc. All you really need is...you.