Meditating questions!

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by DejaVoo, May 10, 2004.

1. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Rosaries or other prayer repetition works the same as a mantra. It's not the words that matter, or even what they mean, but rather the concentration and single-mindedness they produce. You might as well be chanting OM or something. It helps shut out random thoughts by concentrating on the prayer, as an act of will.

Personally I just focus on my breath, let the gentle rhythm consume me, and try to let my mind fall to peace. To just be. I hear heart meditations work the same, focusing on feeling your heart beating from within.

See your consciousness as a silent watcher, the real you, that 'watches' your thoughts and feelings almost as a third person might watch an event in front of them. Be that watcher, silent and observant. Watch your thoughts, and quietly let them go. Watch your emotions, and quietly let them go. Simply watch yourself. This is how I meditate, even during active life. Once you start watching these things, and realize they aren't you and don't control you, it is much easier to let them go...it follows as a matter of course. When you become aware of a thought, it will quickly evaporate. This, to me, seems to be the point of meditation.

2. Liberation

Liberation Member

Breathe Arrive Enjoy

3. dim

dim Member

The first step of meditation is peace, rest and love as invard fealings...

But where we can DO it?
    Of course, in HEART (Spiritual Heart).
    This heart is ANAHATA chakra.
    We can feel Fire of Love in Heart when we in love.
    But we can make this Fire in meditation.
    This is first step to God (God is Love).

The spiritual heart is the organ that is responsible for generating emotions of love. This structure is what spiritual seekers of Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, and most likely representatives of other religious schools, have trained and worked with.
    http://www.religiousbook.net/Books/Online_books/Sh/Heart_5.html

4. ronocash

ronocash Member

in meditation, dont force things, the different elements of meditation will eventualy come together, and while you are getting started stay positive and persist, because all experiences are positive and will help you to evolve as a being to become ONE. I meditate twice to three times daily, its the main priority in my life, i feel that everytime i meditate i am peeling away another layer of my inner self, to uncover the true beautiful emotions and feelings which are shunned from many stereotypical communities, but rememeber there isnt a formulae or equation for what is happening to you, most westerners will discard youre experience, they dont know the true power fo meditation.
    LIVE
    LOVE
    LAUGH