Media Matters?

Discussion in 'The Media' started by Beach Ball Lady Balls, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

I know there has been a ton of media against the right, coming from the left side. I have not seen much media that is anti left. I have seen it amped up over the last 10 years or more against the right.. I wondered when it all began, it all started to become extremely obvious with dump trump campaign. I wondered where that started. It actually started back in 2012 with a non profit organization called Media Matters, and a student in law school named Angelo Carusone (president of Media Matters) and used BUZZ FEED to publicize his agenda, which was to discredit the right wing through social media and feeding left wing newspapers with so called news.

media matters is a left wing think tank that uses social media and news sites to discredit the right, but calls itself non profit. It is funded by George Soros, and several of his non profit organizations. I know you are thinking this is a conspiracy theory bs statement, but this is in fact true.

So I looked at the buzz feed article that was published back in 2012. Long before Trump for president was even on most people’s radar. The article made lots of claims, none of which I could find any substantiated proof regarding emails. There was definitely a witch hunt happening here and attempting to force companies to not carry products produced by politically right people.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/chrisgeidner/macys-ceo-defends-trump-partnership

I wondered what buzz feed was all about..
    . Hmmm connected to Huffington post.

It is a far left extremist blog for the most part that posts articles from the New York Times adding in memes here and there.

wait a second, Andrew Breitbart? Isn’t he right wing!? Yep, he worked on the drudge report too and left huff. So you have the drudge report on the political right. Andrew breitbart worked for drudge report as well. If there was any criticism for huff post it came from the drudge report and visa versa. They work together, need each other for their own success, they pretend to be against one another but really they work together. we are all just pawns.

it took two years for DUMP TRUMP to reach other media sources in 2014.
    https://fashionista.com/2012/11/dum...eir-store-credit-cards-outside-macys-flagship

now in June 2015 trump announces his run for presidency. Almost immediately, corporations and individuals that have partnerships with Trump - including Macy’s, NBC and Univision severed ties with him. These company’s and news sources had been harassed for years by Media matters through their fascist actions, and these companies caved in order to support the extreme left think tank.

Media matters (MMfA) was founded in 2004 by journalist and political activist David Brock. Well who is David Brock? Keep in mind that MMfA is an extreme left think tank that uses online to spread their anti trump, anti republican, pro left (democratic) propaganda. Time described him as "one of the most influential operatives in the Democratic Party”.

Liberals Plot Revenge as Trump Moves Into the White House

After Hilary lost the election

he has been called a right wing assassin turned left wing assassin. He crushed Bill Clinton in books he wrote and then met Hilary Clinton and switched sides. His work has always been to divide not to unify.

2. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

If you honestly think that there is no media critical of the left, you're delusional.

3. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Well please enlighten me then, instead of calling me delusional. If you read beyond that you might learn something about how they, news sources have manipulated people. I also said we (left and right) are all just pawns. I suggest you read it all, check the links, etc,., really enlightening, it is not just about the left manipulation, it is about how the people on the left and right have been manipulated, by a circle of so called media sources, non profits org think tanks working for both the left and right together, who post stuff on the left and right, yet work together and look to create the divide,

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

Glen Beck. Everyone thinks that hes Beck Hansen father, but he's really not.. Where it's at.

Ive the opportunity to be around a news studio. Opposing as you call it/left /right leaning stations are in the same building. Not to many people know that.

Morning Ralph, Morning Sam..

Beach Ball Lady Balls likes this.
  5. The left really did screw things up with the media circa 2016. The coverage of the elections was completely skewed. I can't stand David Brock.

People left and right became very disenchanted with the media, and I don't think we can really be blamed. Though I don't think the way Trump vilifies them is necessarily appropriate.

6. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Breitbart
    Fox News
    Conservative talk radio
    Meme creators who proudly remind you the left can't meme
    Etc

eggsprog likes this.
  7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Sinclair Broadcast Group

8. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

The Daily Wire

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Faux News... We make stuff up, You believe it.

10. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

If you're not smart enough to figure it out yourself, there is nothing I can do for you.

11. Beach Ball Lady Balls

if you are so closed minded and show an inability to read anything, perhaps you can figure things out. I mentioned dredged report (right) and breitbart, who by the way, was a founder of huff post (left), worked both sides, as have several others I mentioned. It is all a game to divide with them working together and for both sides.

12. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Politics is like pro wrestling they say. And for a good reason too

Beach Ball Lady Balls and Orison like this.
  13. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

i think you may be onto something!

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

As in: in order to be professionally busy with either one needs patience and a lot of stamina? I would agree

15. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Ah, that sounds like someone who has not actually closely and thoroughly observed politics. But when you go along with what you read and ignore a lot of recent history I can imagine someone reaches that conclusion.

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

as in: donald trump is the best at both.

18. BeatrixPothead

BeatrixPothead Members

It's easy not to see bias in the biases that match our own.

Of course girls can't do math. Of course male fashion models should continue to be paid less for the same work than female models are paid. I happen not to agree with either of these statements, but when you hear bias that reinforces your own biases, you accept it as truth, even calling it "common sense," rather than seeing it for what it is. If you are oblivious to right-wing media bias, it isn't because it doesn't exist, but rather because you fail to see what is obviously there.

Others have offered you specific examples. Do a little reading on "critical thinking" and begin examining your own biases, unfounded opinions that you accept as fact.

We humans are the ultimate self-deceived creatures. The two most common logical fallacies are:

1. It's true because I believe it to be true; and
    2. It's true because I want it to be true.

A close third is: it's true because we believe it to be true (if some others believe it as I do, it must be true).

The same is true of left-leaning bias in media. I find CNN to be as biased as Fox News, but simply pointing in different directions. To say that either is unbiased and does not function as a cheerleader for its chosen constituency reflects willful blindness and a lack of critical thinking.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020