Meddle - pink floyd

Discussion in 'Music' started by Nistix, May 17, 2004.

1. vegetable_man

vegetable_man Member

The Pink Floyd, Live at Pompai, DVD is really a great watch if you like the Meddle album..... they play Echoes 1 and 2, One of these Days I'm Gonna Cut You Into Little Peaces..... and a few more from the Meddle album....... Think of it as the sister movie to the Wall..... a trippy experiance....

2. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

the "strangers passing in the street, by chance two sepparate glances meet" verse is my favorite. Something about that verse makes me feel like im not alone in the world and that we're all alike in one way or another so we should all love each other as much as we do ourselves. Meddle might very well be my favorite floyd album. Many people may not have known this either, but if you turn the album or cd cover sideways, its a ear. If you like this album, i STRONGLY recomend you watch Live at Pompeii. It has them playing echo's part 1 and 2 and to be honest, i like it better than the original track. But yea even if you dont like meddle, watch that damn movie. Set the controls for the heart of the sun is on there, and careful with the axe ugene, and one of these days,saucerful of secrets, also this really bad ass song its like madamuesel mods or something like that i cant think of the name off my head, but its cool because david plays the harmonica and rogger plays just the bass and there holding down a dog to sing with the blues music. Its bas ass. In the begining of the film, like the set up page when you click on whatever, thats the song with the dog sining. Its such a bad ass movie, i bought it before i even watched it! hahaha.

3. vegetable_man

vegetable_man Member

"And I am you and what I see is me....." Atom Heart Mother is another great Floyd album....... As is Ummagumma....

4. jupitersdarling

jupitersdarling Member

"Wish You Were Here" is my all time fave Pink Floyd song but "Fearless" is a close second. The whole Meddle album is awesome.

5. gunison

gunison Member

Whenever I've tripped, I've always (happily) made it a point to set aside 23.5 minutes to listen to Echoes. In fact I heard this whole album for the first time while tripping. Was already a Floyd fan, intended to only listen to One of These Days. About the only shitty track is Seamus (San Tropez is less than stellar, but tolerable).

But yeah, Echoes is where it's at. A truly great song on Floyd's second best (DSOTM) album.

"And no one knows the wheres or whys
    But something stirs, and something tries
    And starts to climb towards the light...."