Meat Licence - hypothetical

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by dhARmaMiLlO, Nov 18, 2004.

1. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

2. Claire

Claire Senior Member

oooo...i.disqgree.with.whqt.she.sqid.....thqts.whqt.i.meqt....my.keyord.ist.workig.so.its.hqrd.to.spell.it.out.....will.do.tomorrow

3. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Our body needs the nutrients in meat. our mouths evolved with the ability to eat both meat and vegetables and i feel that like many mamals i am a meat eater... no i havnt lived my life like a lion has training myself to kill my food so it would be incredibly difficault for me to do it.. but that doesnt mean its not a natural thing for me to eat.

our digestive system yes not our mouths :)

i agree with everything else

4. Claire

Claire Senior Member

ps...why.kill.whe.there.is.o.eed.for.it......it.mqkes.o.sese....we.dot.eed.to.kill.to.survive.ow...so.why.cotiue.to.do.it

5. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

i said it was my own form of vegetarianism... moralistic eating is i guess what it should be called. Then again society hasnt created the term "moralistic eating" to box me into some for lack of better words that people can understand i used the term "my own form of vegetarianism" its just a moralistic as any other vegetarianism, it just has different morals.

I know many vegetarians that are vegetarian just because of the way animals are treated in the mass meat market.

and claire...i never said you should :)

6. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Technically yes our mouths, we have meat eating teeth. Herbivore animals dont have the same teeth structure and carniverous or omnivorous mamals do. The meat eating mouth is designed with sharper teeth at the front for ripping and larger blunter teeth at the back for grinding... look at a horses or a sheeps mouth you will find all flat teeth and in the case of llamas and sheep i think they only have one row of teeth (nopt sure on that one though so dont hold me to it)

7. Claire

Claire Senior Member

ideed:) wqs.just.my.opiio....:)

8. dhARmaMiLlO

dhARmaMiLlO Member

oi you lot, licence!

so mathew. be honest now... can you kill and butcher a cow?
    or more importantly, will you be able to?

9. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I knew you meant teeth :& thats why i added a smile...i was being slightly patronising sorry...

this maybe a questionable thought though.. i am perfectly alright with out meat ...saying that a balanced diet including meat would probably save time trying to balance my diet out .. i know what you mean.

I just thought you were pissed.

10. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I am a veggie so would not need too... i am just not the type of veggie that finds it wrong that some people choose to eat meat..

No i could not kill or butcher a cow or any other animal...to answer you.

11. Claire

Claire Senior Member

do.mot.judge.everyome.y.your.owm.stqmdqrds.;)

12. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

thqt is auite true.

13. Claire

Claire Senior Member

heheh.......wqker:p

14. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

About the only meat we'd ever eat would be carrion. We might scavenge a bit here or there, but that would be it. We're not equipped to catch, kill and butcher other living creatures. Quite aside from which, just because something's "natural", it doesn't mean that we should do it. Murdering each other for supremacy in the pack is natural. Are you suggesting we should do that also?

Well if all forms of life are the same, why don't we eat humans as well?

Also, it's impossible to live a life devoid of cruelty and suffering. All we can do is to try and minimise the suffering we cause. Vegetarianism isn't a moral absolute, it's a big step in the right direction.

15. Claire

Claire Senior Member

herehere....:) humqm...deveopmet....grrrrrr.keyord:p

16. EarthWhirler

EarthWhirler Member

How would you police such a thing? Presumably each license would have to be paid for so what about the people who can't/won't pay? There'll be illegal butchery! People will be stealing animals to slaughter left, right and centre.

Practically speaking the idea wouldn't work. Personally, I don't believe that eating might is morally or spiritually correct and I therefore feel that there is no solution for the cruelty within the meat industry unless everyone stops eating meat.

17. DoktorAtomik

Perhaps you're a lesbian then? :p

I agree that children shouldn't be forced to comply with their parent's way of thinking, but my view was that if I ever had children, they'd be welcome to eat meat outside my house, but I wouldn't be prepared to cook it for them or allow them to bring dead flesh into my home. Not preparing meat for you children is not the same thing as forcing your views on them.

18. Merlin

Merlin Member

I didn't say they were the SAME, I said they were as much a part of nature as each other. Of course I'm not suggesting we should murder each other. Please don't put words into my mouth dude. A vegetable can't express pain or distress to the degree which an animal can, so therefore it's easier to find comfort in eating that type of lifeform than birds or mammals. Similar case with prawns and small forms of sea-life. The sentimentalism towards those creatures is a lot less than with sheep or cows because most people feel with of an affinity with it due to it being less closely related to humans.:(

I believe people with an omnivorous diet should be entitled to as much respect as those with a vegetarian diet so long as the food, wether it be a tomato, a cow or a mushroom is cared for in a sustainable way and there are guidelines in place to prevent cruelty or the species becoming extinct.

I am not attacking vegetarianism whatsoever. I am merely defending the rights of omnivores like myslef.

19. DoktorAtomik

Pay fucking attention. I used an analogy and asked you a question. I didn't put any words in your mouth.

Otherwise known as the right to kill creatures in order to satisfy a sensory sensation.

20. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I agree

. Do you have a problem with people that eat meat. and the consumption of meat ??.