Meat Eaters!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Politics are awesome, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Actually, it was like that in the civil war. [​IMG]

That's where the song came from...

O, I wish I was in the land of cotton
    Old times there are not forgotten
    Look away, Look away
    Look away, Dixie Land.

The other two percent of people that did own slaves were like "Ho ho.. I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them Sam I am, because own a plantation and all this land, and I keep them negroes close at hand; Aunt Jemima, fix me up some biscuits and gravy, I think brother John has come back from the navy."

:eek:

2. spooner

spooner is done.

i'm still curious how this kid equates hunting with cruelty.

its not as if deer are going to meet with happy ends naturally. getting shot with a 30 aught six is hardly more cruel than getting torn apart by a black bear (who sometimes eat animals why they're still alive)

3. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I still don't see why he can't make a point without comparing meat eating to either slavery or genocide.

4. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

It's a time-old argument of veg*n's and its always annoyed me. You can't compare the horrible things humans do to each other to what we do to animals. They are two different idea's and situations. Meat-eaters do it for food, humans that kill and commit crimes do it for other reasons.

:(

5. spooner

spooner is done.

logical fault?

6. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

I suppose you could say that. There is no logic in that argument (hunting=cruelty, genocide=animals). Didn't anyone explain to him that genocide refers to the destruction of a complete race (of humans)? If what meat-eaters were doing was commiting genocide on animals, then you guys better get started killing ALL the cows and pigs. Leave none of 'em alive!

Obviously I wouldn't want that. But I just wanted to prove a point to Ship. ;)

I take it from the point of biology. ;) Body wasn't built to subsist on a regular meat diet.