Meat Eaters!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Politics are awesome, Jun 25, 2006.

1. sHIP of fools

sHIP of fools Member

"If people want to eat meat - let them. Don't throw it in their face about how "horrible" they are. I don't appreciate it when meat-eaters talk about biting into juicy, bloody, bits of meat. It's no different than saying that they are horrible for eating it in the first place."

I DOUBT many activists during slavery had that same attitude..."If ppl. wanna own slaves, let em....but i hate it when people boast about how they own so many slaves"....or during the holocaust "If people want to kill jews and gays, let em...but i dont wanna hear them bragging"...Or 9/11- "If terrorists wana blow up buildings...let em, but i dont wana hear them brag about it"...YOU need to fight the fight when you know you're right...and the horrors of the meat industry are just as important to stop as the horrors of the holocaust and the horrors of slavery.

2. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

You can't compare animals to humans. Humans are humans, a cat is a cat, a dog a dog, and so on. You can't tell a cheetah that it's killing and eating meat is wrong, you would be killing the cheetah. To compare the slaughter of animals to the atrocities of the Civil War and WWII is foolish. They are mutual exclusive idea's. Humans don't kill other humans to eat them (unless you are Hannibal Lector), they do it for other reasons.

You aren't going to accomplish ANYTHING by being rude to meat-eaters. They won't listen and dig deeper into their ways. You have to approach with the compassion you supposedly have for animals. Lead by example.

3. KyndVeggie4Peace

KyndVeggie4Peace -[ in.bloom ]-

I'm with Shambhala Peace ...

I'm also a vegetarian of 4 years.

I think the human race evolving to become vegetarian would be nothing but AMAZING for this world, although i'm not going to tell a single meat eater that I think what they are doing is wrong. Nor am I going to stand on the street corners with "meat is murder" billboards.

Live and let live ... We are all different and that is what makes this world so beautiful ... you need to realize that child. YOU are doing what YOU think is right. And I am doing the same. :)

4. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Shambhalas right. I'd be much more likely to listen to someone who advocated giving up meat with a well thought out plea to the humanity of veg*nism, then being yelled at that I'm a nazi for liking wings.

5. KyndVeggie4Peace

ahaha :D

Spencer's a nazi.

End of story. :D

6. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

7. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

That's only because i like the gestapo boots!

8. KyndVeggie4Peace

Naaa.

It's the wings.

9. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

That's only because their delicious cajun chickeney goodness.

I don't care how commited of a veggie you are. If they made cajun wings out of rice, you would be like fuck yeah!

10. KyndVeggie4Peace

Honestly ... I would. :D

11. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

It must be hard to debate me. [​IMG]

12. fuzz_acid_flowers

fuzz_acid_flowers Aqueou§ Transmi§§ion

well said:)

13. madlizard

madlizard Senior Member

This post saddened me.

I want some soy ice-cream and a veggie burger now..

:(

14. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

Yeah but its tasty murder

15. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

Dude, stop taking life so seriously. :D After we're all dead and our planet is eaten by the sun, will any of this matter? :D

16. KyndVeggie4Peace

Chuck ... I like the way you think. :D

17. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

We're all eventually doomed is a good lesson to live by.

18. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

I like the way you think, too. Because I too like the way I think. :D

19. KyndVeggie4Peace

I think were cool, I think. :confused:

20. AfricaUnite

AfricaUnite Member

I think its easy for some vegitarians to condemn meat eaters, but these vegitarians may not be aware of the almost primal desire to eat meat by at least 40% of the population. Aprrox 40% of the population is Blood type O, through history type O's have generally been hunters and gatherer's, relying on meat for food as it has a very large amount of calories in a small space. For thousands of years 40% of the populations ancestors have been eating meat, it is imbeded in their DNA to eat and enjoy meat to survive.

Other blood types generally stayed in one spot, farmed, so were more acclimated to eating vegitables and fruits and whatnot, they did not rely nearly as heavily on meat to the extent O blood type did.

So I guess all im trying to get across is we have to keep in mind our genetic lineage before "Im right your wrong" type remaks are made with regards to eating meat. Its a lot more complicated than that.

I also have serious doubts there is enough farmland in the world to produce enough calories to sustain a vegitarian lifestyle for 6.2 billion people.

IMO the world needs meat eaters. Vegitarians are cool too, I just love a nice roast beef sandwich once in a while.