Meaning of Birthmarks

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by dick_peirce, Mar 27, 2011.

1. dick_peirce

dick_peirce Guest

Slightly off topic, but I was wondering if birthmarks had any special meaning?
    I have a birthmark on the back of my hip, right above my ass. It's shaped like a crab.
    I've also had a few dreams about it.
    First) One was a crazy older lady telling me it meant something, then I awoke.
    Second) There were cops gathered around and something was happening, then off to the side, away from the focal point of the dream, I saw my birthmark. Then the rest of the dream faded and my birthmark and silhouette became clearer and then the focal point of the dream.

2. Lodog

Lodog ¿

Prince Albert would have been a better username man.

3. dynamohumm

dynamohumm Member

YES.....depending on where on your body they are...and what shape they are....they mean you had a mark on your body at birth, and possibly still DO have said mark:2thumbsup:

4. dick_peirce

dick_peirce Guest

Thanks, I would have assumed that already, but your confirmation secures this.

5. Moving_cloud

Moving_cloud Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I guess you want to know what meaning a birthmark has in dream.

The best meaning to find will be the one that you feel ringing true inside you when you approach the inner dreamer - the one who experiences / generates the dreams. It's like you already dreamed the meaning. It also may change and vary. Other than that I think any meaning that comes from an outside source is just a tale.

So stay with the dreams and the dreaming ... keeping a dream journal often helps to keep touch. Look at your waking life from 'the other side'.

Thank you for sharing !

6. TheSystemOrange

TheSystemOrange Member

It means you are destined to go to prison

7. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

Are you a Cancer? That would be fucking crazy, man...
    Here are some meanings:

Birthmarks according to folklore are caused by unsatisfied wishes of the woman during pregnancy. There are several myths associated with the birthmarks; either the pregnant woman observes something strange or there is fear in her mind. There is no scientific basis for any of these myths.
    It is usually the human mind that is fertile with imagination and anything that is out of the ordinary is being linked with some unusual happenings and these incidents are used to put the idea of fear in the minds of people.
    There are people who try to associate birthmarks with omens. Some such omens are given below.
    The meaning of moles and birthmarks are linked with their location in the body.

• Abdomen – The person is greedy and selfish
    • Ankle – For a man it represents refinement. For a woman, it stands for energy and independence.
    • Arm – If it is on the right arm, it means success. It represents financial problems if it is on left arm.
    • Back – An honest person with an open mind with some arrogance and sensuality.
    • Breast – Birthmark on the left side of the breast stands for success, on the right side of the breast extremes of fortune and at the center of the breast the person will not enjoy luxury.
    • Cheek – A birthmark on the right cheek predicts a happy marriage. If it is closer to the mouth, then the person will have great wealth and happiness. If it is on the left cheek, the person will get into financial difficulties.
    • Chin – A birthmark on the chin, the person will be successful.
    • Foot – A birthmark on the right foot represents love for traveling and a person with birthmark on the left foot is an intellectual.
    • Forehead – If the birthmark is on the right side, then the person has great mental power and if it is on the left side, the person likes to spend a lot of money. If the birthmark is right in the middle of the forehead, the person is attractive to the opposite sex and has many love affairs.
    From here:
    http://www.scumdoctor.com/beauty/birthmark/Is-There-Special-Meaning-To-Birthmarks.html

More:
    http://www.birthmarks.com/HTMLArticle.cfm?Article=343
    http://www.babyzone.com/baby/nurturing/article/birthmarks
    http://www.forbrideandbaby.com/baby-toddler/what-does-a-baby-birthmark-mean/

8. lost1975

lost1975 Member

Well..shit. Mine is on my knee...i don't see that on the chart....now i have a complex lol

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

nothing has to "mean" anything. that is not to deny that there are things that matter. but these begin and end with the cumulative statistical effect what is important to us has on the kind of world we have to live in, not on superficial things having to do with appearances.

10. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

I always thought they were marks that connect somehow to past lives. A birth mark could represent a wound from a previous life for example..hmm

11. randy lahey

randy lahey Member