Me stuff

Discussion in 'Art' started by crystalstarr, Jan 23, 2005.

1. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

just two new pictures i drew sorry quality of pics suck. Good news is Saturday im buying a scanner!! yay!!

Btw if anybody is interested i need stock photos just to practice more, perferbly of people but anything works. So if i could get pictures of you people or things sent to me i'll draw it... thanks

2. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

Im sorry but it really bugs me how lifeless this art forum can be. I do like comments good and bad. Sorry i dont do abstract stuff that seems to be the only thing that gets comments in here.:(... i think im going to stop posting stuff in here, its just pointless.

Yes i may sound bitchy, but it sucks when 13 people look at this stuff and have nothing to say. Im not just going off for myself. I see lots of wonderful art works just fall off this page to the next without anybody taking the time to comment.

I for one try my best to comment on all i can ,weather its my style or not, i try to enjoy the beauty that is presented to me.

Ok im done ranting...

3. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

im sorry nobody comments on your art perhaps they just dont know what to say i for one check to see if youve got anything new almost every time i am on the forums

i really like your drawings especially the ones of you you're very pretty anyway if you stop posting them i wouldn't blame you but just know some of us hope you dont

4. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

hehehe now i feel like a big baby i have the flu so im whinny:). sorry i went off...

well i'm looking at stock photos to practice drawing people.

it mostly just hurts my feelings when nothing is said. i dont just look for praise, i need comments of what i need to work on, it helps me, anyways....

5. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

I think your fantastic... Thats quite a talent you have there.... The Detail it amazing. I love the picture of the hands and feet... I would hand that on my wall... Your very very talented.

6. Naren

Naren Member

I know how you feel. I posted a new thread, a few days ago, with some new shots: 44 views and just 1 reply! That was so sad!:( I can understand the lack of comments at DeviantArt, I'm not popular there, but there are not so many people here! I'd love to receive some critique...I find it very helpful!

Anyway...those are great drawings! I really like the second one, it's very realistic!

7. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

glad somebody knowswhat im talking about:)

8. Disconformitized

Disconformitized Member

Now u've made gone and feel bad. I actually found the hip forums looking for another place to post my work. But the file size of my pictures are too big. Considering the previous forum I posted my pics on this place is swingin...

Now only if i can motivate myself to compress these pics of mine.

9. Disconformitized

Disconformitized Member

Oh and as for your 2 pics

#1 is pretty awesome, I wish I had your portraiting skills. If anything I would add some more definition to her Left (My Right) edge of nose and forehead. A little on the chin and ear too. It could also be the digital pic im looking at. I know when i use a flash white paper get washed out...

#2 is quite life like. The ball and arch of the foot are dead on to the real thing. Also how folds give the impression of the the pants pulled tight over the knee. Funny this reminds me of how I would draw in my classes, with the cropped/focused perspective.

10. Diddy Dreads

Diddy Dreads Member

Wowee thats one kewl portrait! Im dead impressed...i do more um art of a kinda 1am my mind goes wierd nature, ill have to post some on here. Your soooo talented. I would send you photos of me if you want to practice drawing!!! Weel done is all i can say. Don't feel too down hearted about lack of comments, in the same way hundreds of people will pass through an art gallery, very few people will actually verbalise their excitement when they come across talent like yours.

11. Mui

Mui Senior Member

nice pretty portraits..
    i wish I could draw an shiet..

12. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

hehehe see i make a stink then things are said;) lol

anywas thanks for the comments, yeah the first one definitly needs workthe shading on the left is way to dark and kinda blahs out the right, and i dont have a scanner so everything turns out washed out from the digital cam:(, but yeah if anybody is up for letting me use there picture to draw send me a pm! thanks!

13. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

im amazed at how well you can draw your own image... your work is very lifelike....it amazes me

14. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

Yes Crystal, you dont have to beg I will let you draw my daughter....SHEEEESH!!!!!!

15. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

Crystal, I think your art work is quite excellent :)

16. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

crummy send me a very clear face shot of your daughter(hopefully not a really small picture either). this will be a challenge i havent really draw kids, but i'll give it a try... just dont be mad if i dont make it perfect:S

17. alex714

alex714 To the Left

ya i wish this forum had a bit more traffic, not just viewers and no comments!
    crystal those are amazing
    i really like the second one

the self portrait is also beautiful, i actually like the dark shading on the left a lot. i just think the right needs a bit more shading structure to balance it out. :)

18. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

probaly right i'll play with it more see wha happens:)

yeah i think everyone that views should comment it should be a rule!!! lol!!

19. weep

weep Senior Member

I personally prefer realistic stuff! It amazes me more to see the wonderful artwork of someone like you than this abstract and surreal stuff.
    I think your god damn talented and I´ll give you comments as many as you want!! :)

The second one is really good! Has the paper been this warm colour or did you paint that, too?

The porttrait is great either! I especially like the hair (don´t ask me why). The right eye (uhm, your left, uhm it´s a self portrait right?!) seems to be kinda different than the other one, though.

Great job either way!!

20. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

lol haha i was being bitchy the day i made those comments. i was getting alot of crap from people all around about my art.

yeah the left side i wasnt happy about at all, but ehh... all my stuff at this point is practice. hers the orginal picture i got my reference from http://hipforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=284274&postcount=133