Me and my Bus

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by ericf, May 16, 2004.

1. ericf

ericf Member

Ah, against my better judgement I will post this image. It is a picture of my with my bus a while back. It is one of the few pictures I have and the quality isn't great or anything.

I had to cut my hair since this was taken for my job... but otherwise I look the same. :D

2. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

You are one bad mother...

3. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

i cant see the hubcaps clearly, but im guessing this is a 71 westfalia, old school enthusiests will call this the best year ever for busses. featuring first ever dual-port upright motor, with doghouse oil cooler(hooray) and first ever front disc brakes(thank god!) with all the quirk vw charecteristics we've grown to love/hate. i myself prefer the 76-77 for the fuel injection and full be up top, but i got to say that is one beatiful bus. i built my 66 with parts from a 71(and a 69) to operate the same as a 71. do you wanna sell it?

4. ericf

ericf Member

lol, now there is a bus enthusiast... a person who can tell the model year from that shot. Yes it is a 71. I love this bus. I've had some good times in it.

Currently I am not seriously thinking of selling it. I might have to though because it is a shame to not drive it as much as it deserves. I have a second car that I drive back and forth to college (40 miles each way) because I don't want to add that much mileage to my baby. Its bad enough that I haven't bothered to renew the registration or insure it. I just go and drive it around the country once every three weeks or so.

5. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

A dude with a bus! Gotta love that. <3 :)

6. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

*drooling over the bus* its so pretty... Gotta love 'em!

7. earthfairy

earthfairy Member

i like your picture. your dreads are really pretty

8. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

nice bus. yay you dont have shoes on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! john if you buy his bus can i live in it with you??

9. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

well 5 can live comfortably in a bus . . .just no changin diapers while im drivin:D

10. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

okey dokey, we got a deal :)

11. Manolao

Manolao Member

oh... I would like to hitchhike and find u on my road brother!

12. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

one adorable smile ya have there...

13. ericf

ericf Member

lol, I haven't checked back on this in a while.

Yes I have barefeet. I never wear shoes unless I am at work (and sometimes not even then). Can you even drive a bus with shoes on? That would seem so wrong. I am glad everyone liked the bus. It is probably the one posession I have that I really would have trouble giving up.

And my bus does stop for hitchhikers... as long as they're on the way to festivals with us. :D

14. skip

skip Founder Administrator

I've had 4 VW campervans, 3 were either 70 or 71s, and one 78 (which I'm sorry I ever looked at, much less bought!). The earlier models were great!

In fact one of 'em I wore out completely, yet still almost got back what I paid for it cause somebody just bought it for the chassis which they were going to convert into some big type of dune buggy I guess.

I only wish they had a bit more power, cause mountains take forever to climb! Ah but when you get where you're going, you're always home! :)