MC Escher

Discussion in 'Art' started by DarkLunacy, May 11, 2004.

1. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Anyone else like his pieces? I personally like the eye with the skull pupil.

2. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

I Love Escher! i can't think of the name of the piece, but i think it's the one where the hand is drawing the hand.. that's cool. and yeah, the ball slfl prtrait one!

I saw a picture of a guy with a shaved head with the picture of the man in the ball TATTOED ON HIS HEAD it was AMAZING if I find it I'll show you

3. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Escher was a genius in my humble opinion.
    But that may be quite obvious, because he is Dutch. ;)

4. We_All_Shine_On

5. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Amongst lots of other works of art, I especially like this one:

[​IMG]

6. We_All_Shine_On

You've just got to wonder, are there any other pople out there now adays who are hidden, like, imagine we never saw this work.

this is just amazing. unbeliveable. it's like a fucking magic trick.

nice pick, bird.

7. fromwayout

fromwayout Guest

i love escher's work. truly an amazing talent.

8. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

It really is. I love how it makes you look at it again and again trying to figure out how it works.. I always thought of building those things in real life.... Just to see if it can be done... World Edit is hard though lol. The one with the ball rocks. KORN did a tee shirt like that except it was a skelleton in the ball.

9. AreYouExperienced

AreYouExperienced American Victim

Escher is fucking amazing, all of his works are extraordinary.

10. fractalated

fractalated Member

[​IMG]

and (hehe!!):::

[​IMG]

11. SunFree

SunFree Member

Haha, the ones with the staircases always remind me of Labyrinth. I've seen a video about Escher where they tried to build the impossible shapes - obviously you can't technically make them (hence the impossible) - but they had gaps in them so if you held it a certain way, it would look right. I didn't know he was dutch; he's sort of like a Bosch of a different time then, in a way. Wait, Hieronymous Bosch was Dutch, wasn't he? Time to consult the Gardner's book...

12. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

Ecsher is amazing. He uses so much math in his work, and that sort of stuff always baffles me. Art.. and... MATH??? WHAT? Heh, it makes it all so technical though. I wish I could have seen the world the way he had. It must have been pretty intense.

13. fractalated

fractalated Member

if you're interested in escher and maths check out Douglas Hofstadter's book 'the eternal golden braid' - loads of stuff about all sorts of things loosely centered around Escher's art, Bach's music and Godel's mathematics

14. Jesus~

Jesus~ Member

Escher is a god. A GOD. Hes amazering.

*tips cup to him*

15. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

escher is the shit.

nothing is impossible.

16. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

i love escher. him and dali are my favourite artists. escher is my abstract, dali is just fucked up.

but as far as escher goes i have so many of his pieces and his books with his artwork in it. my friend dorie is super frightened by the skull in the eye though.
    one of my favourites ::::
    [​IMG]

17. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

I like the one with all the stairs...

Art and math.... Ooooo... Fractals.... :)

18. Ellis

Ellis Member

I love Esher, he must be one of my favorite artists. I especcially like the two hands drawing eachother and that one were the boll reflects himself and the room. You know, its been posted here somewere...

19. JamminOTR

JamminOTR Member

One of my best friends dad knew Dali back in the 60s. Dali thought that Mike and his wife were so beautiful he wanted to pain them, so they went to an island, ate some acid and he pained a portrait of them, I'll try to find it...true story I'm pretty sure. (Mike's done quite a lot of acid so ya never know...:p)

I love Eschers work...I have a bunc of prints of his, Dalis, crop circles and fractals hanging around my bed. Beautiful work...working on getting the impossible triangle tattooed on me, though I don't know where. I want it to symbolize the everpresent and neverending paradox. I love paradoxs, and I love Escher! Werd!