Mayhem

Discussion in 'Heavy Metal' started by Eric_R_70, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Eric_R_70

Eric_R_70 Members

I normally don't listen to black metal all that much but I try to remain open minded and non judgemental. I read an article about [Mayhem] singer "Dead" who had killed himself. (Several other singers in the genre also killed themselves. Very sad). Back to my point. It was said he [Dead] shot himself in the forehead with a shotgun. He was also found with slit wrists and throat. My question and I do apologize for the morbid and grimness of this. How could he have done all three things? Seems very suspicious to me. Any thoughts on this?

2. ErikNorse

ErikNorse Members

My understanding is that Per Ohlin a.k.a. "Dead" opened the veins in his wrists and neck. Then shot himself with his band mate's shotgun. What disturbs me most is that Euronymous, his fellow band mate, took pictures of the body before calling the police & made a necklace out of his skull bits. To answer the question it is possible imo but would probably prove difficult. Hope that helps.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Only thing I know about them is what their band logo looks like.

4. ErikNorse

ErikNorse Members

They were a black metal band from Norway and known for bizarre onstage antics. I think both "Dead" and "Manic" became infamous for self-harm. Varg Vikernes murdered Euronymous and was sent to prison for this as well as arson of stave churches . There was a movie called Lords of Chaos that was evidently full of shit. I dunno much more than that about them.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh yeah I know about the Varg thing.

6. ErikNorse

ErikNorse Members

He's an interesting guy. Albeit infamous for the church burnings & the murder conviction. He has extremist far right views as well. What is interesting is that Necrobutcher also planned to kill Euronymous because of taking the pictures and the necklaces.