Maybe the whole country should be able to vote on war

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Tamee, May 22, 2004.

1. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

How will it happen? and When? How is it possible?

If you believe in it, you then must know these answers.

and, how are we "evolving"?

2. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

we're not evolving. we're just churched-up animals. we do all the exact same shit that all the other animals do, build nests, forage in groups, saftey in numbers, battle for resources. when we become over-populated, we find ways to reduce our own populations: famine, disease, WAR. just like a bunch of overpopulated rabbits whose mortal enemies have been chased from the land, we'll die off until we reach equilibrium again. the rest is just a big show.

the only difference between men and animals is the need to point out a difference between men and animals.

3. Tamee

Tamee naked

I don't know.

Untrue. I don't know those answers, yet I still believe in it...

Life is always evolving, even if we can't tell at a particular movement. Just think about it. We started out as cavemen and slowly graduated to this point. Just look at the entire history of man and you can tell that we've evolved. We haven't been "this" way forever. There haven't always been cars, skyscrapers, cement sidewalks, skateboards, bicycles, electricity, plumbing, computers, etc. And this is certainly not the place where we stop. Life is continually evolving. I believe that even the entire race of man will one day be wiped out, just like the dinasaurs, and some whole new set of creatures will exist. We are not the end all, be all of existence.

4. tinkerbella208

tinkerbella208 Member

YEAH BUT FIGURE THAT IT'S THOSE "COMMON IDOT" 'S KIDS THAT ARE BEING SENT TO THE WAR AND THAT ARE DYING FOR OUR FUCKING OIL PRICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The rich kids will always get out of dying for "their country" just like they escaped the draft in Vietnam and in every other war there has every been because they're "better" and "more important" in the eyes eof the government rather than some middle class 18 year old kid that doesnt matter if he gets his head blown off..... but noooo, if you get the rich snobby basterd's head blown off then you dont get that family's money or support any more. The government loves rich people. Rich people control the government while the rest of us get FUCKED OVER. i dont understand why it is so hard for people to see this because they make it quite evident. Look at the statistics. People who arent millionaires dont matter to them. You just dont matter, you're worthless to them.

5. Cirrhosis

Cirrhosis Banned

Well, technically, the entire population does vote on war.

6. FireQuint

FireQuint Member

Man, everything is politically driven around election time and it drives me crazy. Everyone always wants to take sides rather than trying to co-exist as a whole.

I'm not taking any side. I'd like to vote for the melting of the polar ice caps.

7. mynameiskc

but we're still just animals. and everything we do is just a slightly more complicated and infinitely more wrong-headed standard animal behavior. we'll definitely be wiped out. and that's totally cool.

8. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I'll refrain from getting deep into the topic.

Tamee... I see it as "Devolution"... the more technology and such we create, the more we move away from being "Cavemen", the closer we bring ourselves to our own distruction.

Tinker... The "idiots" enlist in the army themselves. No one was forced to go into Iraq or enlist in the army.

Lower and Middle class people do enlist in the army because they need the money, it is that simple.

I, personally, would rather live in a cardboard box than go to the army...

And KC, you are right, we are, after all, animals... and one of the less evolved species... we are the only specie that kills itself for reasons other than universal specie survival.

9. Crush

Crush Member

We're still the same as caveman! We just have more abillity to communicate and are less violent to eachother. We still make war though. But the main thing is we want to survive and that's just like the caveman. They wanted to survive too. They just had differant tools. They had sticks and stuff. We use cars, computers, money and so on. There isn't very much differance if you aks me:rolleyes:

10. mynameiskc

that's not quite true. other animals commit murder as well, for reasons such as breeding rights and status, grazing rights, hunting territory, etc. they just don't get all weepy about it. i consider our most evil acts to be an outcome of basic animal instincts as well. all of nature is at war with itself for the same reasons we're at war with each other: resources, territory, and fucking.

11. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

I'd vote to go to war with Canada.

12. Tamee

Tamee naked

yeah, of course we're still just animals. The problems start when people start thinking that we're "above" that animal status.

13. Tamee

Tamee naked

I agree. I'd rather live as a caveman (woman) myself. But that's life. We're still evolving though, nothing goes back in time, nothing. We all move forward, if we want to or not. Our destruction is what's inevitable, not only because of how much we've fucked up, but because that's simply life. Everything ends.

I do live in a cardboard box, and, let me tell ya, it's quite nice. :p

We are not more or less evolved than anything else. Certainly, there are "bad" aspects of our species, but there are some wonderful "good" aspects, also.

14. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

All the reasons you have listed still fall down under "survival'.

Humans, on the other hand, commit acts of violence for idealistic reasons, and even worse... for pleasure.

15. Tamee

Tamee naked

Like what, may I ask?

16. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

People kill for religion, make wars because of it.

People also commit violence, such as forced sex (known as "rape").... for pleasure. Or the maniac sadists just get a kick out of hitting someone... You know, like that guy/ girl who bullied you when you were 6?

17. mynameiskc

i think war of any type is still basically for survival, we just put different names on it so that we feel more justified. rape, though disgusting, is still a natural, animalistic tendency. it's only disgusting to us because women want to choose their mates. my male cat was raped by another cat, i'm pretty sure that other cat liked it, too. the only difference between men and animals is our desire to say there's a difference between men and animals. whether we're being magnanimous (but stupid) by saying they're better than we are, or just being stupid and saying we're better than them, we're all the same.

wild cats will kill just for the practice or if they're bored. it keeps their skills tuned. i'm sure we can say the same for men, especially serial killers. we like to call it by all sorts of psychological names, but human beings are predators.

everything we do, even the killings, is the same as animals. we just put a name on it and make it complicated because our ego demands that we not just behave like animals. maybe that's what the fruit in the garden was all about, it just gave us great big egos and a need to say we're not animals. but we are.

18. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Yes. Yet, but most animals only do it out of necesaty. (violence).

Other than that, I agree.

19. Tamee

Tamee naked

Very well put.