Maybe the whole country should be able to vote on war

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Tamee, May 22, 2004.

1. Tamee

Tamee naked

I don't know, just a thought.

2. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

I'd vote no war...

3. Tamee

Tamee naked

me too. I think a lot of people would. I'd like to see who'd win, where us pro-peacers really stand.

4. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

i say war is for the better we need war plain and simple

5. Crush

Crush Member

Voting for war rules!!! Then we could give our opinion. Now the goverment or whatever knows just a bit of our opinion. And if the war is like busy for half a year, then we should be able to vote again. Democratie right?

6. Tamee

Tamee naked

that may be so, but I think the people as a whole should be able to decide.

7. didge

didge Member

yea, but they wouldnt ever let us do that.

the murderin fucks.

yea, twud be great if the people could decide weather or not they wanted thousands o people to die.

wat a great world twud be then.

but, nope, that'll never happen, not with fuckin bastards like bush callin the shots.

i'd really like to kill that man.

8. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

actually that wouldnt be good, ok say hypothetically iraq invades america but the americans vote no we dont want thousands of ppl to die at war so then wat, we r fucked.

9. tinkerbella208

tinkerbella208 Member

I agree that we should be voting on whether we want to go to war or not, as we should be voting on every big issue like that... it would be MUCH better than voting on a pig headed assfucker that we think would be the better choice between the 2 candidates for president just to have him fuck us in the ass again!!! i think that instead of voting for a person to represent the mass majority, the mass majority should be able to represent ITSELF. Politicians just lie to be voted in so why should we put up with it anymore?? if we really had any rights in this country there would be a big change, but for now all we can do is protest and try to bring down the man!!!!!!

10. didge

didge Member

we're all fucked anyway.

millions o people protested against this war...did they listen? no

in ireland, thousand o peopls are protestin against bush comin here..are they listenin?no

do we want em to fuel their fuckin aircrafts at shannon airport..NO!are they listenin? NO!

wat gives a few people the right to decide the faith o thousands o inocent people!??AMERICA DOESNT OWN IRAQ. its not your country! and the place is in fuckin bits!liberating?!?!wat!?

we're all born into this world the same...
    no one should be able to decide others faiths.

especialy not retards like bush.

we should stop tryin ta watch over pieces o land, and start concintratin on the humanity.

11. Tamee

Tamee naked

Couldn't we find a peaceful solution? and, besides, if Iraq was in America, do you really the majority of Americans would say no war?

12. Tamee

Tamee naked

I was just thinking the same thing, actually. The people for the people, not the select few for the people. How could a select few REALLY represent so many?

I think our time will come, though. I sense it.

Yeah, not just war, but everything should be voted on.

13. tinkerbella208

tinkerbella208 Member

well, at the point we're at now this could be a possibility ... but, hypothetically, if we would have had this kind of government from the get-go where the people themselves vote on all major issues like the war then MAYBE WE WOULDNT HAVE BEEN ATTACKED IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!! If our fucking country didnt go around fucking with other countries and bullying them around then maybe other nations in the world wouldnt resent us so much!!!?! Why do you think we were attacked in the first place??? War doesnt solve anything. After the war is over then they will hate us more. "You can kill the protester but you cant kill the protest" - meaning also that you can kill the people of that nation but you cant kill the opinions and beliefs that they had because they will always spread to other people in other countries and it will live on. I dont understand why the US thinks they have a right to go around trying to fix anyone elses governments when our system is so fucked also. I mean, dont get me wrong i dont support other governments abusing their people but we should fix our problems and listen to our own advice before we go around trying to fix their's. Look at Vietnam, we tried to "contain Communism", and we killed SOOOO MANY of our nations young men trying to stop the "Domino Effect" from occuring, but since we didnt meet our objectives in Vietnam and it fell to be communistic, has it had much other effect on our country???? DOES IT REALLY MATTER THAT THEY ARE NOW COMMUNISTS?????? IS IT EFFECTING US IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER????? NO!! IT'S NOT!!!!!!!!!

I believe that this war is all about the oil, i mean, bush is like an oil-crazed maniac or something.

14. Crush

Crush Member

Tinkerbella208 You're so right. We live in an democratie, but that democratie just means we can choose people who make disisions and we don't vote for those ideas, so WTF is so democratic. It would be much better if WE can vote and not some dudes "representing" the people. Because those people can't represent all sorts of people, since everybody is differant. The goverment doesn't listn' to protests so maybe it should be a bit more extreme, like preventing actions, or planes or stuff like that. Just protest on an airport wich sends warplanes to iraque so they can't take off.
    W00t why don't we all sit in the white house's garden? :D That would impress people and then they'll listen. yay!!! Or block like every street possible :)

15. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I would never agree with the idea of allowing common people to vote for war. Most people are complete idiots with no political knowladge, and one of the sides will use media propoganda and such inorder to divert thier votes.

16. badassdawickedmoose

badassdawickedmoose Member

I like you :) ye make a good point

17. Crush

Crush Member

You make a very good point there

18. Tamee

Tamee naked

I knew this would come up. Yeah, you're right. Just being able to vote on war won't fix everything for us. There are a lot of people who don't really know what's going on. Hell, I know I sure as hell don't. The only way voting on war would really work is if everybody could be completely honest about everything that was going on and if it was the government's DUTY to let EVERYONE know EVERYTHING.

I don't see one good thing about any kind of censorship, let's get rid of it somehow!

19. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

It is imposible to get rid of censorship in any type of government. The Capitalistic system endources censorship. The entire idea of a "government" is based on censorship, where only a few selected people make the important decisions, and are the only ones exposed to all the facts.

There is no perfect system in the world.

Want to make a difference? Become a politician.

20. Tamee

Tamee naked

I know, I know. I've thought about that before, how, yeah, sure, I want things to change and I can try my hardest, but the only real thing I could do to make a big difference is become a politician, myself. But I'd hate to do that. WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST BE OUR OWN GOVERNMENTS!

And, anyway, NOTHING is impossible. It can, and will (one day, I believe) happen. We just have to keep evolving...Not like we have a choice.