Maybe here I won't have my hears pulled

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Crosslight, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Crosslight

Crosslight Banned

VEGETARIAN FORUM

Shambhala Peace

Yay!

I went vegetarian again. I found that eating meat was wrecking my body - literally. I also felt bad every time I chewed a piece of dead muscle. I am excited to be vegetarian again, it fits me like a glove. I have learned how to eat healthy and be healthy as one, rather than be a junk-food vegetarian. Been there, done that, gotten sick because of it. I have a whole bunch of vegan books when I was one, but I won't offically label myself as a vegan. I plan to have a bit of ice cream here and there...after all - it tis summer and I am allergic to soy (disappointing, because I love soy delicious). I am hoping when I go back to school to eventually become vegan, as I want to be one when I get married. It will give me a year of living the lifestyle before the wedding. I am just so happy to be veggie again.

~Peace

P.S. This is offically my 200th post! Yay! (I know that has nothing to do with it, but I felt like celebrating
    )

Crosslight

Congratulations for your 200th post.....from a meat eater that thinks vegetarianism is not a natural thing in human kind....( but it's an option that i respect)...I love salads, I love cabbage soup and I love a good steak......

Crosslight

why people whose the only option to survive is living in perfect harmony with nature are not vegetarians??? see the natives in Amazonia...

drumminmama

take the debate elsewhere and quit hijackiing...like back to the enviro thread , or this one will close.

Quote:

Vegetarian
    This forum is for vegetarians, vegans, and those interested in learning more about the vegetarian lifestyle.

So please someone tell me the exact age when a young hippie become an old hippie, or if someone who does not watch TV can post on the TV forum, or if.......
    Is this a hippie site?

2. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

yeah, vegetarians kick ass
    i've been veggie for like 4 years now..and i always get shit for everyone about it...
    congrats man..:D

3. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

Heh. Thanks. :) Been one on and off, this time's for good. :D

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

5. Crosslight

Crosslight Banned

this thread was duplicated, I tryed in the other one (that was removed) explain the possible reason for that......one of them should be removed, but I wonder why you removed the one that had 8 or 9 replies, leavig this one witch had only 2 replies.....

Pull the hears was a kind of punishment for children with bad behaviour ...

6. Crosslight

Crosslight Banned

I'll repeat something I posted in the removed thread.......for vegans, the next step of evolution will be sucking soya milk from mama's breast....

7. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

why do you care about the way in which other people live their lives?

8. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

red herring BS.

9. Crosslight

Crosslight Banned

you better read some more posts in the forums, with a little more atention, and then ask me that question again....

10. Shambhala Peace

I am not going to repeat myself again, but I will say this: That doesn't make any sense, soya milk?

11. Any Color You Like

Any Color You Like Senior Member

Isn't that pull the ear?

12. Pax

Pax Member

Hehe, I've been a vegetarian for two years, and my mum for aobut 10, and when she started, some people used to tell her it was stupid, so she just said it was better than eating a rotting carcuss!

13. Shambhala Peace

You're just trying to be rude, aren't you Diaz?

14. Shambhala Peace

Okay.
    But this is a thread about vegetarianism, and you are purposely talking about graphic food that you like to eat. Sounds like provocation to me.

And for the record, I am not happy that my OP was re-posted here.

15. Crosslight

Crosslight Banned

right, my english spelling isn't perfect, but english isn't my home language....

16. Crosslight

Crosslight Banned

If I broke any of the forums rules by re-posting your OP in another thread, I'm really sorry, and next time I'll just write the url that send you direct into it (something i've seen done around here several times)......If I didn't, and re-posting is allowed, all I have to say is that you are in risk of suffering more sorrws anytime.....
    But i suppose that quoting is ok.....if i new that you'd be bothered, instead of re-posting i just would quote all your post,a comun practice in the forums...

17. Crosslight

Crosslight Banned

...and that would just serve my purpose exactly the same way...

18. Shambhala Peace

I understand that once I hit that 'submit' button, all that is written is free game to be used in whatever way possible. I think it would be more appropriate to have a link to the OP, not the thing in its entirity. I can't tell you what to do - I am merely saying that I am not thrilled that it's being used in this manner.

If it stimulates good discussion, that's great. If not, meh. It happens.

19. Crosslight

Crosslight Banned

Indulge the author of the thread to be the one saying what the thread is about...this thread is about the thoughts of a meet-eater about vegetarianism....we are omnivorus, our body ( teeth and intestinal fauna) is ready for meet and vegetables............
    Question....why people that to survive must live in complete harmony with nature are not vegetarians ?? (see the natives in Amazonia)....

20. Shambhala Peace

But I thought I explained it somewhere? I know it was erased, but I already went over it.

*sighs* Okay.
    I will repeat it, but only once more. After that, you are gonna have to get it in the cached form.

We may be omnivores, but that doesn't mean it's good for our bodies. Humans are opportunistic animals, whatever is available, we eat. If we cannot get our nutrients and minerals anywhere else but meat (see your Amazon people here), then that is where we must go. However, if we have options given to us to chose a vegetarian diet (and live healthfully) then we should eat in such a way. Meat is not healthy for the human body, it gives us what we need, but it still sits in the intestinal tract. There is so many leftovers from a meat meal, our body struggles and is not always successful in excreting it. Meat has been known to sit in the colon, which is one of the leading causes of colon cancer. Not very healthy, eh?

I suppose you could look at it this way: You are able to eat fried foods, in fact your body craves it sometimes (talking to the people that have had junk food here, not you health nuts ;)). Does that mean we should eat it in excess and expect our body to be healthy because of it? Heavens no. You can still eat it, and enjoy it, but that doesn't mean it's good for you. A pure vegetative diet is healthy for you. RAW veggies, not junk/processed stuff.