Maximum Oxycodone(How Much)?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by Codone Consumer, May 25, 2004.

1. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Yeah I think I had like 120 throughout 12 hours one day with little to no tolerance, didn't puke just felt great all day lol. I had like 100 mg morphine no problem.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

I could see 120 , but not all at once..

3. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

I have never seen an "opioid-naive" person take more than Oxy-equivalent of more than 25mg at once without getting sick. I only have Suboxone films now, and if I want to share, I find that I have to get out surgical scissors (literally) to cut the piece for them. That is how little a naive person can handle in my experience (I am very jealous of them!) More than 0.75mg Suboxone film makes everyone I know sick.

4. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Most at once was 60 mg for me I think... Yeah if I remember correctly I threw up.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

id get sick if I snorted a 20 at once, but if i stretch it out may take up to 60 before I get a puke wave..

6. fryingsquirrel

fryingsquirrel Member

Yes I can.

7. SundaySun

SundaySun Member

You dont need a CWE for under 8 percs.

8. oz590

oz590 Guest

Hi everyone, I just want to say I don't meen to disrespect anyone, I'm just trying to give some information. I've been taking various pain killers for almost ten years due to a severe spine and pelvis injury that almost left me in a wheelchair, so I do have a good idea about what i'm talking about. Some of what i'm going to point out may have already been said as I did not read all the responses. First off i'm not going to try and tell anyone not to try these drugs but if you do be careful, ADDICTION COMES FAST! If you do try them be safe and do your homework first. Percocet does not come 5/500, the standard percocet comes 5/325. Vicodin comes 5/500. 25 mgs is by no meens alot, oxycodone (percocet without tylenol) comes in 5, 10, 15, 20, 40, 60, and 80 mgs. So please don't think that if you can handle 25 mgs that you can just jump ahead and do alot more. If you are experienced with opiates you can take a fair amount of oxycodone without doing much harm. I say a fair amount because everyone is different. I myself have taken 2 60 mg oxycodone pills at once which is the same as 24 percocets (without tylenol) with no ill effects. However I don't recomend that! Keep in mind it's not so much the oxycodone as it is the tylenol that is in percocet, vicodin, norrco, etc.. The max daily dose of tylenol is 2500 mgs or else you can really damage your liver. One last thing to keep in mind contrary to belief oxycodone and oxycontin are not the same. They have the same chemical makeup but oxycontin is time released tharefore people tend to take way too much thinking it's not working. I hope this helps someone.

9. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

I was going to take exception with the 2,500mg/day acetominophen figure, but thought better of it. The less of that junk you take the better. It is true though, that the warning literature that comes with every refill I get says 4000mg/day max, and so does my doctor, pharmacist, etc. But I think that if you're taking it long-term, that's probably too much to take every single day. With my prescription I'm at around 1500-2000mg per day.

10. oz590

oz590 Guest

I apologize, I think you may be right about the 4,000 mg figure when you are taking the medication short term. I ment 2,500 mg when you are taking the medication long term. When you are taking the medication for years or in my case life long the liver does not have a chance to flush it's self or for lack of a better term "heal". My goal was to try and help stop people from doing real damage long term.

11. happydude_60

Yeah, that's what I meant. I read somewhere that the FDA was trying to convince pharm companies to limit the amount of aceto to 325mg per pill, which is what my prescription is. But I haven't heard anything more about it. It doesn't look good for the new Hydrocodone version called Zohydro. An FDA panel rejected it.
    http://americannewsreport.com/fda-panel-rejects-new-painkiller-zohydro-8817002

It's an extended-release version that contains no aceto, and comes in much higher dosages. I've seen it for sale online for $335 for 100 50mg pills. I have a feeling that's a scam though.

12. oz590

oz590 Guest

About a year and a half ago I heard they were making a regular release oxycodone pill that has a "ceiling" effect to try and curb abuse. I heard it went before the FDA but I haven't heard anything since. Do you know anything about that?

13. oz590

oz590 Guest

Happydude_60, if you should happen to see this I wanted to say that it was a refrehing surprise to come acros someone on one of these forums that takes the time to educate themselves on these medications more so then simply how much it takes to get high. If you ever learn of new developments or medications I would appreciate it if you post them here.

14. happydude_60

I haven't heard of a version of Oxy with a reduced ceiling effect. The only drug I've heard of like that is Buprenorphine. These others you can take until either your liver fails or you od. I'm not in favor of tampering with Oxy any further, lol. If etkearne were still here he could explain this better, but the thing is, the high and the analgesic effects are tied in together, because of the receptors that are activated. So it seems to me that it would kind of defeat the purpose of having a potent opiod designed to cope with severe pain.

15. olderandwiseraussie

olderandwiseraussie Guest

Targin (oxycodone hdrochloride and naloxone) eg. ox 20mg nal 10mg, mainly invented for helping bowel movements. Made in UK distributed by Mundipharma. been out for 2 years here, I am in a different country.

16. olderandwiseraussie

Does work research Targin,mainly for better bowels. Oxycodone SR with noloxone, went from oxycontin to fentynal patches to the new Targin.Much better. Man who does not shit is full of shit.

17. olderandwiseraussie

liver fail because of hepatic disease eg Hep C.short answer

18. happydude_60

I don't know if you have Vicodin in Australia or not. They don't have it in Europe, at least the countries I've checked. Anyway, Hydrocodone is combined with acetominophen (aka paracetamol) in dosages from 325-750mg per pill. The maximum safe dosage for aceto is 4000mg per day. If you exceed that, you run the risk of liver damage and/or failure, especially when combined with alcohol. In fact, acetominophen is the #1 cause of acute liver failure in the U.S. And it's not just mixed with Hydrocodone. It's also used with Oxycodone, Codeine and Tramadol, at least.

19. how many?

how many? Guest

Sorry Brother

20. wyliecoyote

wyliecoyote Member

I'm on 20 mg of contin every 12 hours (time release) and 20mg oxycodone every 6 hours. It's been a good for pain up until about a month ago, now the doc says I am going to have to go to more oxycodone because of my body's tolerance to the drugs. I have neuropathy really bad and am in serious legit pain. I'm wondering if there is anything that works better for anybody. Also I wouldn't recommend a newby taking more than 30mg and not getting pretty sick. And someone that's been on them for a while could probly take 100mg for a good ride.