Maturity

Discussion in 'Personal Development' started by Total Darkness, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

I can see the point. You're going to die, but at least make the most of your life. So why not develop yourself or be the best "you" you can be?

Bilby likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh I do that anyway. :p
    But as for going for this prestige maturity as I age, like I'm meant to just stop being who I am to cater to someone else's opinion on how I should act when I'm 50? Noooo cause I'm gonna die anyway. So there's no time for that. If I had a 150 years maybe I'll mature when I'm 130. But I might only have 60 years and I'm over halfway there. I ain't got time to mature.

3. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Maybe this life a training ground for your next existence?

Driftrue likes this.
  4. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Have you re-evaluated any of your beliefs in the last ten years?

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm a be pretty pissed off when I become a polar bear and didn't need to learn algebra.

Driftrue likes this.
  6. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

That's my opinion of immaturity.

Sure. Beliefs, thoughts, emotions, who or what i am. Who i am appears to be nothing more than a belief.

7. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You said the key thing here that a mature person, in my opinion, does without question- “take responsibility for their actions”

8. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I agree with TD (if he's saying what I think he's saying).. The way you describe maturity sounds immature to me. Maturity isn't being a certain way.. Fitting an image of a certain age. You seem a mature person to me. By that I mean you are comfortable in your skin, you have clear ideas of what you want out of life, you know how to be childish/fun/on drugs without letting it fuck up your life.

I think it's possible to be a big kid and mature at the same time : )

Irminsul likes this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah I notice age groups, generations even changing. You'd never see my dad at the football or a concert when he was 50. But I see 50 years olds now at concerts etc.

Stuff just changes. Like my parents and grandparents, they had to work to survive kinda deal you know? Their responsibilities were to raise a family and provide but that's not our Generation anymore. A lot of us don't want kids some not even a partner. This changes the complexity of a lot of people when they age. We'll still go out when we can. That way we don't really age as quickly as our parents did. Shit my mom had to become a mother at late teens. My dad had to be father in his early 30s. They had to grow up.

I'm 32 and I don't have to grow up, I don't have those responsibilities so it's more likely I'll keep true to myself the way I am now because there's no other way for me. I get to come home and smoke bongs and have fun. I don't have to look after children etc. I don't have to provide as much either like for a family. Shit, I work for shits and giggles and pocket money.

Bilby and Driftrue like this.
  10. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Yeah. I think when we're younger we think old people used to be like us then they changed into old people.. But if you see film of kids in the 1950s for instance, i think they "talk like little adults".. Like they don't seem like normal kids.. Made me realise kids today will be a different kind of old person. Their own form of old person.

Gul Dukat and Irminsul like this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Pack of clowns in a circus I think. :p

But I'm cool with being a clown. I'll wear clown badge with honour.

Driftrue likes this.
  12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I mean now that I really think about it, my parents may have missed out on so much having us.. Heh, they had to raise 4 daughters. It doesn't get much immature than that. :p they turned themselves into clowns and their world into a circus. And we're still performing 40 years later. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Bilby likes this.
  13. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

I said this a year ago and have learned nothing since , my mature tank must be full !

Oh and Dominic is three and a bit now and I cant see him :cry:

Driftrue and Irminsul like this.
  14. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Leadership
    Honesty

(Mature Adult)
    A person's ability to think rationally before they speak/type text or display with actions, what they want to convey about themselves or to others.

Childish Adult
    The inverse of the word ability in my (Mature Adult) definition

Mature adult 90 percent of the time
    Childish adult 5 percent of the time

Eric! and neonspectraltoast like this.
  15. I never look to the future and am not practical at all, a bit of a man child.

Driftrue likes this.
  16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

20200407_205519.jpg

Driftrue likes this.
  17. Maturity? It's knowing YOU are the sum total of the choices YOU make in life.
    Take responsibility for those choices..don't blame others or complain....look in the mirror, instead...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2020
  18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

dragon the other 5%?

19. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Drunk the other 5%