Matrix

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by AmericanTerrorist, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Hacker

Hacker Vescere Bracis Meis

Is that something that keeps matrices from multiplying? :p

2. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Yeah, this way they won't make a dot product between them.

3. Searching4ASoul

Searching4ASoul Member

What about the highly experimental purple pill? It's the hidden option that pretty much no one get. I think you're supposed to synthesize it because it's super-rare. Once you taken the red pill, there are no blue pills available. The purple pill should be able to be a modified red pill complete with a life changing experience, exponential learning (learning ever faster) and grants the ability to create some glitches and hacks in the matrix. Traveling to alternate universes would also be possible, but not time traveling. It also deletes ssad emotions from the past while keeping those memories intact. Someone dipped their hand in molten lead once after they've taken the purple pill. The only problem is that if you and a bunch of people create a peaceful society soon after taking the purple pill, you'll realize just how vulnerable and pathetic you really are. You would realize your insignificance in the ever worsening state of the world. Hippies have taken the purple pill once, until they stopped taking it and didn't take the red pill either. Their biggest downfall is not realizing that peace could've been combined with learning to create the ultimate society. At the same time, the purple pill lets you know that together, we can make a difference. Nowadays, we have people taking the yellowy-orange do nothing and conform pill. Most of the red pill takers and blue pill takers alike take the yellowy-orange pill. The purple pill is new and improved, but so rare, you'll have to go to college first and then make that purple pill. I wish I had just one purple pill, then maybe I can finally realize my true potential.

4. trapstar69

trapstar69 Banned

now row reducing matrix's THAT SUCKS BUTT

5. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

You repurposed it as a double entendre, nice! =D

6. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

Nobody wants to run after a bot that can't hold its oil.

7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I actually saw a pay phone the other day... took note of it. (call in your bomb threats from HERE... I kid, I kid...) but yea... no pay photo booths in a while.

so, you are saying if we live in a computer program (and this is a real theory with real evidence it's not only possible, but likely actually... it would not be important?

Tell me more about this purple pill.

8. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

Where exactly did I say that it was unimportant?

9. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Oh sorry... my bad. Read that wrong, what you'd written before. I think it was when you wrote "if so.... so what?"--- I guess you just meant we couldn't do anything about it... but that's the thing, maybe we could?

10. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

Well, what I am saying is that it seems as though that line of reasoning may be prone to giving way to folly if it were to be followed too far. At this time, I think that it's very important that we make an effort to fix some of the other major issues that exist in our world today (e.g. hunger, overpopulation, obesity, and diabetes).

. . . Unless, of course, all of that is yet another aspect of the Matrix's design, eh?

Anyway--again, an intriguing inquiry, but as I said, one that may be best left alone for the time being.

11. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Maybe, but inter-dimensional beings are more likely in my opinion. The human body can only sense what is going on a narrow channel. We were engineered like this on purpose. Then you add things like fluoride in the drinking water and you can completely remove peoples connection to anything like a "higher power".

12. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

Is a connection to a "higher power" necessary to live a life full of purpose?

Does humanity lack the capcity to demonstrate empathy and compassion upon its own accord?

Apathy, insecurity, and cultural schisms mar our race, limiting us--squelching our potential as a species. We have dissociated ourselves from nature, and ethnocentrism is a prominent phenomenon.

"If a house is divided against itself, then that house cannot stand."

To view this world--your reality--as the design of a computer program would be to surrender control of the matter, as perhaps you were simply programmed to do exactly what you are doing right now.

But maybe that's just it: the ancient questions of fate, free will, and destiny.

13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

^
    Good questions. I think we have the ability to be compassionate on our own. But a connection to something higher could make that easier.

14. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

I'm going to go ahead and just copy-paste something that I wrote elsewhere: