Massive Strikes in the UK Planned

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by ~Zen~, Jan 31, 2023.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

The PM himself has issued a stark warning to all Brits.

Downing Street says it will be a very DIFFICULT DAY for ordinary citizens as teachers, train drivers, civil servants, university lecturers, bus drivers and security guards all go on strike.

In the UK Guardian News they state:

"We know that there will be significant disruption given the scale of the strike action that is taking place tomorrow and that will be very difficult for the public trying to go about their daily lives."

We are upfront that this will disrupt people’s lives and that’s why we think negotiations rather than picket lines are the right approach."

Sure they don't want picket lines, but surely they don't want to hear to complainst of millions they have screwed with such failed policies as Brexit and the strangeness of governance under the BJ regime.

Good luck to the UK!

Joe90 likes this.
  2. ~Zen~

Well you Brits want to be separate from the world at large, and this seems to be a result of that.

In other reporting (From ITV) it is said:

The UK is facing the largest scale strike day in over a decade on Wednesday, as half a million workers plan industrial action expected to spark widespread disruption.

Teachers, train drivers, civil servants, university lecturers, bus drivers and security guards from seven trade unions will all walk out on Wednesday, 1 February.

Picket lines will be mounted outside schools, train stations, universities and Government departments and rallies will be held across the country.

On the same day, protests will be held across the country against the Government’s controversial plans for a new law on minimum service levels during strikes.

Unions have dubbed it the “anti-strik
    e bill”, saying it could lead to workers, who legally vote to strike, being sacked.

The mass industrial action over pay, jobs and conditions should send a clear message to the Government that it cannot continue to ignore, says the head of the TUC, Paul Nowak.

3. ~Zen~

[​IMG]

Train drivers also!

4. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Yes, "oh we only get 39 bank holidays per year, 6 weeks of summer off, sick time, pension, health care.".....come take any one of those jobs here and you'll see how labor is treated in the States...it ain't pretty....

5. ~Zen~

I am fairly certain the average Brit does not receive all these benefits.

Joe90 likes this.
  6. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Oh, I may have exaggerated a bit, maybe I was thinking about the French....

~Zen~ likes this.
  7. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

Joe90 likes this.
  8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

We have suffered for years as a result of wishy washy governments allowing us to send all our money to China and devalue our workforces.
    Now we have no jobs, while China owns 30% of London property. To me, the last straw was them buying Odeon. Around 400 freeholds, with an average value of 31 million each. I doubt that anyone in government even knew.

Donald Trump should emigrate to the UK, I would arrange the brass band at Heathrow to welcome him.
    However, when he finds out that the UK prime minister lives in a terraced house and has to feed Larry out of a salary that is less than many managers at Tesco's earn, he will probably want to run as far away from us as possible. The single unarmed police officer guarding his house would certainly be the last straw.

9. ~Zen~

Obviously British PMs have other ways of making massive amounts of money tax free, so serving as PM is only about abusing the power to stay in power.

Joe90 likes this.
  10. wilsjane

Not all of them did and particularly not in local councillors.
    Because the pay is so low while in opposition, they need a career, particularly to afford to live in London, where rents start from about £3,000 per month.

We all know about Tony Blair (Tony Blabbermouth as I called him) charging £1,000 an hour to attend a party and more than double that if he needed to speak.
    But he was a very rare exception, not to mention a completely self opinionated idiot.

Joe90 and ~Zen~ like this.
  11. ~Zen~

Actually, many countries exempt many industries in the goal of 'economic growth' or 'security' and this practice has had disastrous results.

Joe90 likes this.
  12. Joe90

Joe90 Members

Joe public can not afford to pay all the taxes and olive anymore. Yet they throw money at illegal immigrants and back companies on low wages for foreign workers, when they go back to their own countries after a few years. Rich in their country, and lowered the wage for the British worker. We are over run with foreigner in the UK draining the system. You can not see a GP, dentist or get hospital treatment without a two year or longer wait. The scum that runs the country are only interested in lining their own pockets with offshore banking and that of their own families. They do nothing for there pay and claim for everything want or need. City reaches country in the world, just take a look at our crumbling infrastructure, and you will see for your self. Town centres dead. No free parking to speak off. Being the fith reacest county in the world means nothing if the people don't see it.

13. Joe90

Joe90 Members

Not to mention a war criminal to boot.

wilsjane likes this.
  14. Joe90

Joe90 Members

No we don't, said to say. We have 12 hour rotating shifts, if sat/Sunday is on your shift tuff. Some companies offer free onsite parking WOW, along with minimum wage. I think they forgotten it's a legal requirement, not a bonus.

wilsjane likes this.
  15. Joe90

Joe90 Members

PS we have to work and pay taxes until you are 67 years old, if you last that long. Most people die of I'll health way before that.

16. Joe90

Joe90 Members

The prime minister doesn't pay for Larry's food out of his own pocket and he also claims for a lot more than he earns. Then we come to the Perk's of the job.

17. Joe90

Joe90 Members

You are so right, and Joe blogs is wakeing up to that fact. Eg do as I say not as I do.

~Zen~ likes this.
  18. wilsjane

For some years, I would have agreed with you on that one, but then I saw a recent documentary on the damage done to Kuwait by Saddam Hussain, so now I am not so sure. The one thing that is certainly criminal, is America's manipulation of the east to meet their own ends.

Our media never lie, they simply forget to tell us the truth

~Zen~ and Joe90 like this.
  19. Joe90

Joe90 Members

I like it, wilsjane. Your comment on the news papers don't lie, nice one lmfao.

wilsjane likes this.
  20. ~Zen~

I must quote you on this...

wilsjane likes this.