Massage

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Duncan, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Anyone here go for it? use it? Swear by it?

2. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

::sigh:: wish i could afford it! :D

3. ophelia68977

ophelia68977 Member

I like to give them, and receive them if I get the chance.
    A free massage from a friend can be just as therapeutic as an expensive professional massage.

And I use them for headaches, which I get a lot.

4. experiperson

experiperson Guest

I was once at my friend's house when his younger sister came home stressed from work. She had just started working at a restaurant, and she hated the way her manager and customers were treating her. Since I worked in customer service longer than she had, I knew how much she had to put up with. Hoping to cheer her up (as a surprise to her), I placed my hands on her shoulders and started massaging her shoulders, shoulder blades, arms, and upper back. The moment I placed my hands on her shoulders, her demeanor suddenly changed from angry and annoyed to cheerful and happy as she exclaimed, "Ooooh! Thank you! I could use a back rub right now!" I could tell from her cheerful positive feedback and occasional giggles that she was really enjoying the back rub I was giving her, and it was causing her bad day to dissipate. Finally when I was done, I wrapped my arms around her for a hug, made eye contact with her, and asked, "Feel better?"
    "Yeah," she said with a cheerful smile. "Thanks so much for the back rub! I needed that!"