Mass Shooting 13 Dead Thousand Oaks California

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Aerianne, Nov 8, 2018.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Yeah, well I supplied some of my concerns by listing the laws. I agree with them.
    Want me to list them for you? Okay.
    A pistol grip on a center fire semi automatic rifle or shotgun or pistol along with one or more of the below:
    • A folding stock
    • A bayonet mount
    • A flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
    • A grenade launcher
    • A magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
    • A threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
    • A barrel shroud safety feature that prevents burns to the operator
    • A pistol with an unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
    • A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm
    • A detachable magazine.
    • A thumbhole stock.
    • A forward pistol grip.
    • A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
    • A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches [762 mm].
    • A second handgrip.
    • A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
    • A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
    • A vertical handgrip.
    • Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
    • A short-barreled shotgun less than 18 inches
    • A short-barreled rifle is defined as a semiautomatic, center fire rifle with a barrel length of less than 16 inches or an overall length of less than 26 inches.
    • Any "selective-fire" firearm capable of fully automatic, semi-automatic or "burst fire" at the option of the user
    • A flare launcher
    • A manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded.
    • A centerfire pistol with an overall length of 12 inches or more
    • A telescoping stock
    I think that's most of them.
    My reason?
    It makes the weapon easier to kill people with.

stormountainman likes this.
  2. storch

storch banned

Well since you're okay with the pistol grip alone, we'll start with the folding stock, and then move on to the next thing on your list, and eventually to this gem: "A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm." That should be interesting.

So what's your problem with the folding stock? Give an example of how a folding stock enabled a mass shooter to increase the lethality of his weapon during his attack. Go.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  3. MeAgain

Storch, I'm done wasting my time with you.

4. It makes the weapon easier to conceal. But then, so does converting the gun into a pistol!

5. storch

storch banned

[​IMG]

WritersPanic likes this.
  6. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I know Dan and know he is no gun idiot. We had two mass shootings yesterday. It's time for new gun laws and time for taking guns away from people who love the confederate states.

7. stormountainman

Just this week, l see in the news reports of a mass shooting at a Chicago hospital, and then a mass shooting execution style in Philadelphia. Now I read there has been another mass shooting in Denver! Can we repeal the Second Amendment now?

8. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Not unless we want a war on our hands.

9. MeAgain

Yes, we need our guns to shoot the federal agents if they do their job and uphold the laws of the land.

Why do I need a gun?
    To shoot an officer of the law trying to take my gun!

stormountainman likes this.
  10. Sig

Sig Senior Member

How do you see a repeal of the 2nd being enforced? Do you think it would be bloodless?

11. stormountainman

We can bring in United Nations troops to help round them up. We can take away their diesel pick ups right along with their guns.

12. stormountainman

Metaphor is out of reach sometimes, MeAgain!

13. storch

storch banned

Where's the metaphor?

14. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Ha, yeah, ok, sure

15. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

The right to keep and bear arms refers to infantry weapons. Those are not infantry weapons.

If any rural doctors try to indoctrinate their patients with an anti-freedom agenda, they are likely to find themselves without patients.

There is no justification for a ban or restriction on nearly all of the things in that list. Therefore any such ban or restriction is unconstitutional.

16. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

Yes. Seems like a regular infantry weapon.

However, it will be up to future generations to get the courts to enforce this. Presently the courts are only going to strike down unjustifiable gun laws.

You do have the right to devote your energy towards repealing freedom and civil rights.

You might want to look into the example of Barack Obama though. He devoted the entire first 100 days of his second term to trying to violate the Second Amendment. The end result was that he did not have any signature legislative achievements in his second term. Come election day 2016, the voters were tired of a do-nothing presidency, and they elected a change candidate.

If you devote your energy to opposing civil rights, you won't achieve anything -- all you will do is waste your time. But it's your time to waste if you so choose.

Your point is incorrect. There has not been any abuse of the Second Amendment. The shootings in question are unrelated to the Second Amendment.

And the gun control movement is not actually trying to save any lives. Their only goal is to violate people's rights for fun.

No.

17. stormountainman

Today I saw a video of a grown white man who pulled a gun on a bunch of Muslim kids at a McDonald's restaurant. The Muslim kids were dark, some looked Negro. They were likely from Somalia. The video shows the white dude pushed one of the kids and then pulled the gun, then he left. The store manager screamed at the kids and told them to get out of the restaurant. Another white man who saw the entire thing yelled at the manager and told her she shouldn't send the kids out when there was a man with a gun out there. He told her she should call the cops. Later the white man lied and claimed the kid had pushed him, when the video proves it was the other way around. This is just the latest incident which proves to me white guys become bullies when they have a gun. The just love to intimidate people of other ethnicities and they shouldn't be allowed to own guns. This is a good time to repeal the Second Amendment.

18. MeAgain

19. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Where does it say the 2nd applies to infantry weapons only?

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  20. MeAgain

It's in the fine print under "If I don't agree, it's unconstitutional".

Tyrsonswood and stormountainman like this.