Mass Shooting 13 Dead Thousand Oaks California

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Aerianne, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

He probably just means the States. Not sure how is assertion is spot on then, but I noticed lots of Americans talk about 'the world' when in reality they're talking about the situation in their own country.

2. storch

storch banned

Yeah, that'll work. Fortunately, in the spirit of goodwill, home invaders will almost always oblige the home owner when it comes to allowing a timeout for making a phone call to the cops. And it's also fortunate that, in the spirit of cooperation, the home invader will stick around 'til the cops get there. Don't ya just love a perfect world?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    WritersPanic likes this.
  3. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I want a perfectly lovely world!

4. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

Let me repeat this again:

Every single firearm can be broken down for maintenance. Especially long guns
    There are times when killing human beings is necessary like war or self defense.
    Lol, because a police whistle will deter anybody.

WritersPanic and storch like this.
  5. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

Exactly. Rights can only be restricted if there is a good reason to justify the restriction.

Civil rights violations are never acceptable.

When it comes to restrictions on rights, the burden of proof is on those who want to restrict a right to show that their restriction is justified.

6. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

I think I am presenting facts and defending civil rights.

I'm more of a grassroots activist than an official lobbyist. I imagine an official lobbyist would be presenting their arguments to Congressmen instead of posting on messageboards.

What is wrong with fanaticism so long as the cause is just? I'll take that label and wear it with pride.

What is ridiculous about defending civil rights?

7. storch

storch banned

My turn:

"Whoa, slow down there, Megan. Why the hell you out of breath?"

"I just came from the other side of the woods, and he's found our trail. We've gotta move."

"Are you sure it's him?"

"Yeah, I was close enough to see his face with the binoculars. It's him alright. And he has a rifle."

"Yeah well, so do we."

"Yeah, but . . ."

"But . . . what?"

"But his rifle has a--it has a goddam pistol grip."

The mountain man spit the coffee in his mouth out onto the ground, and without wiping his chin, turned his head toward Megan and they locked stares. "Fuck!" he said, the word echoing off the distant canyon. "Are you absolutely certain it had a pistol grip?"

"I'm telling you I saw it. It was as clear as the pimple on your forehead."

"Wow! That was totally uncalled for . . . and very hurtful."

"You're right. I'm sorry. That was just the stress talking. Hell, the truth is, it doesn't look even half as big as it did yesterday."

"Thanks. I've been drinking lots of water and I think that's what's making the difference. Anyway, what the hell we gonna do?"

"We could just run like hell."

"Nope. I heard tell that anyone carrying a rifle with a pistol grip can run faster and jump higher than people without one."

"I thought that was only true about PF Flyers."

"It was, until some son of a bitch invented the pistol grip."

After a half minute of silence, Megan said, "Okay, first thing we do is not panic."

"Not panic?" the mountain man said, not believing what he had just heard. "Did you not just say that his rifle has a pistol grip?"

"Yeah I did, but just hear me out. I'm sure that if I can get close enough to his camp, I can get a shot at his rifle and take out its pistol grip. Then the odds would be even."

"Say, that's not a bad idea. Okay then, why don't you--hey, wait a minute. If you can get close enough to take out the rifle's pistol grip, why don't you just put a bullet in the guy's head?"

"Hmmm. Ya know, that sounds crazy enough that it might just work."

"I know, right? I mean, that rifle of his sure ain't gonna get up and shoot at us all by itself. Right?"

"I wouldn't think so. But then again, it does have a pistol grip, and that being the case, there's just no tellin'."

"Alright then, shoot him in the head, and if that rifle of his gives us any trouble after that, well, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it."

"Hey! I got a better idea. I'll put a bullet in his head, AND take out that rifle's pistol grip."

"Goddam, Megan, you're a genius."

"Well I certainly do have my moments."

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Maccabee likes this.
  8. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Okay very cute.
    I've been off line for a few days, looks like nothings changed.

9. storch

storch banned

Nothing's changed? You must have missed this:

No no no. You are the one obsessed with the pistol grip and folding stock. Therefore it is incumbent upon you to justify that obsession. If you have nothing to offer in that regard, I'm afraid that that's on you, and not me.

And your apparent reference to a guy using 20 or so semiautomatic weapons with bump-stocks does nothing to validate your paranoia concerning pistol grips and folding stocks. Neither does it do anything for your position concerning muzzle-rise during rapid fire. And to further point out your obsession with pistol grips, let's hear your estimation of just how much you think the muzzle rises on a rifle that has (in your own words) "little recoil." And then you can explain why you believe that amount of muzzle rise would impair a shooter inside a theater or church or school.

And I really have no idea why you believe that a shooter with a semiautomatic rifle cannot pause between shots. You need to explain that, as it makes no sense.

And why are you asking about the legal definition of an assault weapon when you yourself have said that it varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction?

10. MeAgain

Pistol grips and folding stocks are one feature of assault weapons as defined by law in certain jurisdictions.
    I merely pointed that out.
    There are reasons for those features being included in the definition of an assault weapon as defined by law in certain jurisdictions.
    I merely pointed that out.

You have latched onto those features, claiming they have no value. Not me.
    It's not incumbent on me to prove anything. If you don't like those laws take it up with the people that wrote them.

You claim a rifle doesn't rise during firing, especially under rapid fire conditions. Here's a review of another two useless products, in your view.

Finally, if a shooter pauses between shots, then he's not shooting rapidly. A pause between each shot is not a rapid fire mode.

I don't know what you mean about legal definitions being different. Of course they are that's why they're called within certain jurisdictions. If we had a federal definition then they wouldn't vary.

11. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Locan police and ATFE agents raided and rounded up 40 Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists in Florida. They found pipe bombs, guns with pistol grips which had the look of assault weapons. One in the foreground of the photo which I saw looked like a fully automatic sub-machine gun, maybe a British Sten , or its Russian counterpart. Two groups were mentioned by name, one was The Aryan Brotherhood. I forget the other name. I looked for MAGA Hats but with no luck. Maybe one of you could review the phots and we could then ascertain their connection to Trumpy Dumpy?

12. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

muzzle rise is why people miss when shooting themselves in the head or under the chin...was on a television special just last night

13. MeAgain

I would think the bullet would impact almost simultaneously with the muzzle moving.

14. storch

storch banned

Yes, you pointed out that assault weapons are defined by law differently in certain jurisdictions, which made your question to me concerning the legal definition of an assault weapon rather pointless.

And again you are claiming that I am the one obsessing on pistol grips and folding stocks when you are clearly the one who believes that they increase the deadliness of a semiautomatic rifle in a mass shooting scenario, and should therefore be banned. You've been asked to prove that claim, but have so far come up with nothing but an appeal to whatever legal voice that happens to share your irrational fear of pistol grips, and then telling me to take it up with them. But I'm taking it up with you. You're being asked to do your own thinking on this.

You've also claimed that I've said that a rifle has no muzzle-rise when being fired. I'll let your failure to refer me to where I said such a thing stand as a monument to what an obsession can cause you to see which isn't really there.

I would also suggest that you watch your video. You are furthering the case of obsession against you, and you don't even know it. You apparently believe that the difference in the amount of muzzle-rise between a rifle with a muzzle-rise eliminator and a rifle without a muzzle-rise eliminator will make a big difference in a mass shooting scenario, and will justify a ban on pistol grips. Unfortunately, your video shows that the amount of muzzle-rise without a muzzle-rise eliminator is negligible. And even so, we're talking about the godawful pistol grip, not muzzle-rise eliminators.

And yes, a pause between shots is not rapid-fire mode. So what? You seem to be making the point that all mass shooters always fire their guns in rapid-fire mode (fast as one can pull the trigger). You should probably back up that belief of yours with . . . something; not that that will prove that the amount of muzzle-rise without a pistol grip will make the difference between life and death.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  15. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

16. storch

storch banned

Really? Shotguns have a great deal of recoil. Wonder how someone can still hit a deer at like seventy-five yards with one, and yet miss their own head at pointblank range because of muzzle-rise. Do tell.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  17. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

in the story I posted buddy didn't miss....he just missed his brain...and the reason they say is because people forget to abut the recoil or ''muzzle rise''...I this story buddy disintegrated his face right off the front of his skull.....I a no expert...but I do know the load at 1 inch is a small area whereas the load at 25 yards is a big area...that's why you dont miss with a shotgun....so I hear

on 20-20 again tonight

18. storch

storch banned

Really? What is the spread pattern for buckshot at 50 yards? Also, what about those who use slugs when hunting deer?

rollingalong likes this.
  19. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

At 50 yeards, you'll just piss your target off.

20. storch

storch banned

Are you saying that no one can kill a deer at 50 yards with buckshot or a slug?