Mass Shooting 13 Dead Thousand Oaks California

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Aerianne, Nov 8, 2018.

1. storch

storch banned

Sure. A power drill makes a great comparison to an AR-15 when talking about muzzle-rise; especially when the one making the comparison is on record as saying that they have little recoil. Sure.

2. storch

storch banned

Are you going to give an example of a folding stock or pistol grip being the difference between success and failure to a mass shooter, or couldn't you find any?

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Those baseballs are very similar to grenades. Times to ban baseball. :D

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I had thought you were pretty well versed on weapons.
    Pistol grips are used on tools for control, same as a rifle.

Now it is true that when a weapon such as an AR 15 is fired once there is little muzzle rise.
    But the type of muzzle rise I am referring to happens under rapid fire conditions. Such as the rapid firing of an assault weapon.
    If you feel pistol grips have no value you should not have any problem with eliminating them from all rifles.

stormountainman likes this.
  5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Of course you realize that you're asking for something that's impossible to prove, but that's your tactic.

In order to prove something like that I would have to have a control group. Two mass shootings under identical circumstances for each example.
    One with a shooter accessing a scenario with a stock folded, one with it unfolded, and then count the dead and wounded in each instance.
    One with an AR 15 with a pistol grip, one with the pistol grip removed (somehow) and then count the dead and wounded in each instance.
    And the results would have to be repeatable before a conclusion could be reached.

Instead I have presented the physics involved in the rapid firing of a weapon and explained the advantages of a folding stock.
    You know the military uses pistol grips and in some instance folding stocks on many of their weapons, yet you see no practical use for them at all.
    Very strange.
    Why is a pistol grip used by the military? Can't you answer that?

And I have asked you to research laws about assault weapons to better understand why they have been enacted and what type of weapons are involved.
    Have you?

6. storch

storch banned

Are you going to give an example of a folding stock or pistol grip being the difference between success and failure to a mass shooter, or not?

And what you really mean by "such as the rapid firing of an assault weapon" is the rapid firing of a semiautomatic rifle. But since you are obsessing on the pistol grip, you really need to show something that would indicate that a mass shooter would be less successful if his gun didn't have a pistol grip. You know, like something that will prove that, without a pistol grip, a shooter in a church would miss a certain percentage of his intended victims. I would assume that such a shooter pauses long enough to swing his weapon in the direction of his next victim, which makes your issue concerning muzzle-rise during rapid fire a non issue.

7. storch

storch banned

Yes, what I asked was something that is impossible for you to prove. And yet you hold the position that a folding stock and pistol grip make a rifle more deadly. You are being shown that, without proof, you made a claim. Not my problem at all.

About the folding stock, you have yet to provide an example in which it was shown that it allowed a mass shooter to sneak his weapon into an area. You made that claim without any proof, too.

Your reference to what the military uses is an attempt to claim that whatever gun the military uses is an assault weapon and should therefore to be banned. What if the military uses shotguns? So now you've narrowed assault weapons down to all weapons. How convenient. Therefore, you're in favor of banning them all, and just don't know it. If not, please explain.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  8. storch

storch banned

You mean I should make adjustments in order to accommodate your paranoia? No thanks.

9. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

And it all might have happened if Hillary had become president...

10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

From my experience, he could go on for the rest of the year, and then some.

11. storch

storch banned

Let me translate that for you:

When debating Storch, I quit one post before him, and so I'd like to spin that in a way that detracts from the fact that it takes two to tango and that I was one of the two. And now I'm here in an off-topic capacity in a thinly veiled attempt to express my resentment of that fact.

12. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

And this is why I'll waste no further time on you. I don't know what kind of an impression you think you're making, but you come across to me as either a fanatic or an NRA lobbyist, or both. I think you're the only one who's impressed with your ridiculous arguments.

13. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

A gun ban won't happen. And it's a false solution to a societal problem. Where white men feel disenfranchised enough for mass murder.

14. storch

storch banned

Well, I just told you what impression you're making here. And true to form, you're still trying to impress with your off-topic tirade. You come across to me as an emotion-driven complainer.

But for the record, I have nothing to do with the NRA. And if debating those who are fanatical about denying my right to owning a weapon for home protection is something you think is out of line, then stop being juvenile and make your argument.

15. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Few people openly admit it but there’s a certain inherent sense of power when carrying a gun and many people find it quite intoxicating.

the whole experience of owning a gun (a sense of responsibility) Firing a gun at the range (the feel of the recoil) and carrying a gun (that little extra sense of mojo)

16. storch

storch banned

Sounds like the voice of experience. :smile:

I haven't fired my gun in years.

17. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The M16 rifle and the M-9 pistol training in the Air Force, and the Glock 43 in civilian life

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Fair enough, it was just starting to get a little suspicious

But that reply is rather convincing

I think you are nuts on this issue, but I no longer think you have a sneaky ulterior motive

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Damn right she would have

Dont worry. Hillary would have sewn them back on......unless you are a terrorist

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Says the whitest guy on the forums

WritersPanic and tumbling.dice like this.