Martial Arts Training

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Revenant Phantasm, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

I have been thinking of taking some martial arts training, but I want to know if it would be worth it, and what would be a very strong solid style to learn. What are your opinions on this, I got to green belt in kenpo and yellow in generic karate.

2. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I think my opinion might be a bit biased (seeing as I've been doing thaiboxing for about five years and I love it), but thaiboxing (or Muay Thai) is said to be the most efficient martial art there is. It's about controlling your body as well as your mind and there's a variety of techniques... Ummm. I dunno what else to tell you. If you have any questions about thaiboxing, feel free to ask. :)

3. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

Is muay thai more on the offense or defense?

4. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I don't think it really separates those two. Most self-defence systems are different from martial arts, but it doesn't mean martial arts would be all about offence... Maybe you should ask Lodui though, he's more pro than I am when it comes to muay thai. :D Ohh, and check out www.muaythai.com There's interesting stuff about the history. :)

5. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

i want something to really hurt people, something powerful

6. Goatman88

Goatman88 Member

street fighting

7. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Well with that attitude... I hope no instructors are gonna let you train in their gym. :mad:

8. Goatman88

Goatman88 Member

or try pro wrestling...lol no dude seriously thats not what any type f real training is about at all. I took tae kwon do for 4 years and its definately not meant to just hurt people.

9. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

yea seriously, i hope your not looking to learn some form of fighting so that you can go out and beat the shit out of some people just for fun.

its great to know how to fight and defend yourself, but its not cool to go out and pick fights...sooner or later your gonna pick the wrong dude and get the shit beat out of you...

10. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

i never said anything about assaulting people, i said hurting, if some one fights me i want to at least kick the shit out of them.