Mars Volta

Discussion in 'Music' started by kentuckyfunk, May 19, 2004.

1. Mrpalmers$1000?

Mrpalmers$1000? Member

seriously, either are pretty damn amazing

if you like long breaks of random sounds and stuff the new one is more like that, (francis the mute)
    Deloused in the Comatorium is what got me hooked,
    and their EP is sick too

2. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

Yeah, all their CD's are just incredible. I said it somewhere else, this is like the einstein of music. Seriously.

3. ArtistofPeace

ArtistofPeace Senior Member

Get Deloused in the Comatorium. It's a concept album. A friend of the band's tried to kill himself by jumping out a window, I think. But, instead of killing himself, he fell into a coma. While he was in the coma, he saw a bunch of crazy shit which he wrote down when he awoke from the coma. However, instead of wanting to live after he came outta it, he tried to kill himself again and this time, succeeded. Deloused in the Comatorium is the story of this friend. Basically, the lyrics are so fucking insane because they're what their friend saw while he was in the coma. The song, "Televators," is a little less weird because it was written after the friend died, not using his images from the coma. Anyway...I've probably told you more than you care to know...but yeah...check 'em out.

4. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I downloaded most of their latest album, Frances the Mute, not too long ago. It took me awhile to get into it, but it's a really rockin' album!

5. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i just downloaded their newest album.... and this music is flippin awesome!!!!!! I love when i have finds like this....

6. Hotness

Hotness Member

Hell yes, very unique. I also recommend At the Drive In for you Mars Volta Fans.

7. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

i dig em' :)

8. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I just get into these guys more and more everyday. I listen to these albums over and over, and every fucking time, I hear something new. Thats good music when you can do that.