Maroon 5

Discussion in 'Music' started by howl, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Ahahaha. [​IMG] Sorry, but that made me laugh. A Neon is such a girl's car, whatever that means.

2. KasabianRulesMan!

KasabianRulesMan! Member

this is a joke band...check how they look...They look as rock'n roll rebels (long hair or beards xpt 4 the singer) and were against the Iraq war when 1) they don't sound as rebels as their look is and 2) they dont' have songs that reflect really the situation from america in their war in Irak 3) they don't sound like a psychedelic or garage band when they're are dressed like a sort of psychedelic or garage band (xpt the singer) 4) the sleeve from the LP is a psychedelic sleeve when the band don't sound psychedelic at all...more radio friendly sound ...and 5) how can you talk about rock n roll when they sound like a white clean popsoul overproduced band........sorry even with a sense of melody i call this just an MTV answer to the real rock n roll fashion who's growin' on everyone with just enough rebelblood ......
    Sorry but i know 50 new bands (since early 90's) better than them and 150 old bands from the golden age of rock n roll(65-81)who put their faces in the mud easily...(are you thinkin..."why he's so violent?" ...for the pleasure that every words give me naturraly)
    But if you still love them ...it's your own wish to be one of the million victims of the MTV machinery...this is too clean ...this lack of sincerity...is this a Phil Collins album?...whatever ...from one to another it's like the difference between a cheeseburger royal and a cheeseburger... lol ahahah mmmhhh
    "have a nice day and follow like a robot the music industry way"

3. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Maroon 5 is a great example of what's wrong with music today...

*shudders*

Who gives a damn if the song was catchy? So is just about every other pop song that makes the radio...

They are absolutely no different than any other boy band, except that they play their own instruments. Wooptiedoo...

4. KasabianRulesMan!

KasabianRulesMan! Member

somebody said they are stoners(not in a motorhead way) ...god damn ...and i don't ear nothin' stoned enough in their music...even Simon and Garfunkel were a lot more stoned in their hippie way and even poetic with a lot of sensibility and innocence...but no not them...how their music will be without marijuana i can't imagine mmmh ...probably...oh no...no...not like celine Dion...!
    If you really want Stoned music check out the 2 fist Pink Floyd LP's only if you really want to trip and take your imagination to the borderline of your dreams...there's no experimentation in the Marroon music...and definitly i can't count on them to take the flag of a revolt or even for just walk 1 feet of evolution.... they don't discover new horizon in music(early roxy music)...i love bands who take risk in their music(70's aerosmith)...that are adventurous(early moody blues)...original(captain beyond)...all that marroon 5 will probably never be.

5. hiddendoor

hiddendoor Member

they are a big steaming turd of a "band", won't waste anymore breath on them

6. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Geez, finally some level-headed people come around. [​IMG]

7. stoney

stoney Member

i can tolerate em, i wont by there album

8. prism

prism :o

M5 isn't so great. The lead singer's voice is whiney.

9. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

l think Morron 5 rocks.

10. soulrebel51

Are you trying to tell us something? Moron 5, you say? :D

11. jen910

jen910 Senior Member

I like Maroon 5 a lot. All the songs on the album are good and it's hard to find an artist theses days worth buying their cd.

12. carsick

carsick Member

sunday morning is a chillin song an harder to breath is alot better than this love

13. Bare Foot Bunny Hugg

Bare Foot Bunny Hugg Member

14. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

Far as Maroon 5, I liked Sunday morning...........but thats all I know about them.

'Life in a Northern Town' was a good tune too, remember that one, by that hit group, The Dream Academy.............

Slow down, ya move too fast....ya got to make the moment last....
    Just kickin down the cobblestones.......lookin for fun and feelin groovy..........
    do do do dodo feeling truvy. I got no deeds to do, no promises to keep, I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep, let the morning time drop all its petals on me.........life I love you.......alway groovy.

15. Butters

Butters Senior Member

I don't want to be attacked here...but...I can't stand Maroon 5. I'm sorry, but I just want to poke out my eyes when I hear those horridly overplayed songs. I have yet to hear a good one from them. IMHO

16. soulrebel51

Britney Spears is the exact same as her, except she's been around longer... same with Jessica, Ashanti, Christina Aguilera, etc etc etc... do you think they actually sing their own songs? No. :p

17. lover/young_peace

lover/young_peace Senior Member

Whoa... anal-ness... :eek:

18. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Jessica, Ashanti, and Aguilera all are good singers at least. I don't think they write their own songs or anything but, they do sing 'em

19. FriendOfTheDevil

FriendOfTheDevil Member

I'll be the bastard once again. I'll definately put Maroon 5 into the same category as Ashlee Simpson...it's pop music that I fucking dig. The single most important part of music is the ability to connect to an audience. It has to be catchy. The Big Wu talk about it. They're a glorified pop band. Good music with strong catchy hooks. This holds true to the Dead, Led Zep., Blind Melon, to a point Bach, Oasis...it's catchy. Zappa and Miles Davis are without a doubt musicaly geniuses. But the audiences that they can reach are extraordinarily selective. HOw many people can really connect with a So What or Black Page? I consider Clapton's solo on After Midnight to be one of the greatest of all time. Why? People can connect and identify with it. Clapton is one the view blues guys that could really tear it up but still really connect with an audience.
    Back to the freakin' topic at hand. I really like Maroon 5. I couldn't really dig it when they first came out, but they're growing on me. Bringing back soul and funk to the mainstream is a big, big deal. THe guys voice can grate on me sometimes, but they play some great acoustic stuff. The more they play, they more they intergrate jazz, funk, and soul into the mainstream's musical vernacular. They're making it ACCESSIBLE. Peace.