market death watch..

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by hippiehillbilly, Feb 18, 2009.

1. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

but the DOW really isn't the indicator here that should be watched

the S&P 500 is the index to watch, and if it drops below 750, things will get really panicky

that will be like falling off of another cliff

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I can't even pay attention to this stock market nonsense anymore. It means very little at this point.

3. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

I don't know,but the US has been having major problems when the market was at an all time high,so possibly by the market going down things may "have" to move back in the right directions again.All this outsourcing of jobs,illegal aliens,nafta etc. etc. etc. started way before the market going down.And I do agree somewhat with what Pressed Rat said.

4. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

The S+P will probably go waaay below 750 possibly lower than 400.--I think some of the main people that will be 'panicking' will be the know it all(in other words clueless shit-stirrers) in the media.NO one should "still" have any money in the markets now,execept the very rich who can afford to lose alot.

5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

I'm with you man, I already know that we haven't hit dead worst it can get but we're getting there. :eek:

6. zihger

zihger Senior Member

I agree the stock market grew on labor cuts and housing values basically inflated living value with wage cuts on credit.

Now it is unlivable the average person can’t get a job that will rent a home and buy a life so then they threw in credit, rode that for a decade with more profit growth = higher prices, cheaper labor.
    Collapse..

I think it is good housing prices are collapsing maybe our kids can pay off a home in 20 years instead of 50. Credit has collapsed so now they need to lowers prices to a real price or people won’t buy. Maybe all the outsourcing jobs will come back.

Yeah it sucks if you are the top 3% of society but for the common person it means lower living prices.

The big guys say well it means no jobs, fuck you were outsourcing them all anyway and cutting wages to nothing.

Higher market costs = wages are worth less.

7. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

All the stocks are falling down
    falling down
    falling down

All the stocks are falling down
    and the world
    is crumbling!

8. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

zihger,good points and very true.

9. zihger

zihger Senior Member

I noticed the media is pushing gold again. The media totally plays it; “gold parties” “invest in gold” “everyone buying gold”

I watched them push the last couple of times then the big player/s (I think only one company owns most gold shares) dump a bunch of it like 8% or so wait a little and push it up again then dump it.

I think only 20%-30% of the gold market is hoarders and investors the rest in manufacturing electronic products and jewelry.

Most all gold is imaginary just numbers on electronic futures and projections; I was reading in a National Geographic that all the real gold in the world stacked in bars would only fill an Olympic sized pool.

It is making its way to break $1000 I do think when inflation kicks in the will lose control of physical gold price.

I noticed PPT has the morning bump going I’ll guess the dow closes at very low 7500.

10. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

blew right by that one didnt we?

todays the day we may need to munch on one of these while we watch the numbers..

[​IMG]

:eek:

I am seeing guesses of up to a 5% drop today..
    i am going to guess about 250 down on the dow,20 to 25 on the S&P.

of course i have no clue what im talking about..lol:rolleyes:

one things for sure,by all accounts it should be a wild and woolly day on the street and its most likely not going to end well..

11. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

today will be fun

gold is just about to hit 1k

less than 2 bucks away the last I looked

but the markets they aren't gonna do so well today

12. hippiehillbilly

HOLY SHIT, the overnight gold market believes today isnt going to be a good day..
    WOW up almost 21 bucks overnight.. http://www.apmex.com/

today could be ugly for sure..

13. hippiehillbilly

lol,, yeah i just saw that... everyone says when it breaks 1000 the skies the limit,but then most of "everybody" is selling gold..:rolleyes:

14. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

who knows, we could end the day up 450

this market is very unpredictable right now

but all the signs are pointing for a big drop today

15. hippiehillbilly

if the market ends up today,turbo timmy and the PPT should get one of those 145 dollar a pound steak dinners after UHbamas regularly scheduled happy hour in the whitehouse tonight..

16. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

Obama doesn't seem to care too much about the markets. If he makes another speech today in his rounds, it will certainly fall.

why the hell can't he just keep his fucking ass in washington instead of travelling all over the god damned place with his little fucking posse and the royal servants? this has got to be costing us a fucking fortune.

I thought he wanted to utilize the internet more???

so save some money in this tough time and fucking put out vids and shit on the net. is someone trying to kill him? do they have to keep him on the move or something? I sure as fuck don't get to travel like that....

but he has said about as much concerning the markets as he did about the ice storm in tn

17. zihger

zihger Senior Member

He better fucking care I contributed 9.6 mil to his campaign mil as in Million.. not a Mexican thousand..

Wow gold just hit 1000.

I think we will hit low 7200 today. But I don’t think I’ve guessed a day right for a while. Fucking PPT basterds.

Things are looking kind of unstable maybe we could see a big drop.

18. hippiehillbilly

i saw a thing somewhere on the expense to go to denver to sign our grand childrens lives away..
    it was insane. it took two cargo planes to fly in the 40 vehicles for his motorcade..

i never have heard the significance or reasoning behind having to go to denver..

one things for sure,people are getting pissed in a hurry.
    did you see the poll results on cnn asking if you would join santellis tea party??

check it out..

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1039849853&play=1

bet you wont hear those numbers on the MSM..

19. hippiehillbilly

oops wrong link.. hang on,,ill find it..

20. hippiehillbilly