Marijuana nation, tonight

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Hippie McRaver, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Hippie McRaver

Hippie McRaver Senior Member

tonight on cnbc there is a show airing called marijuana nation, you should all watch it it looks good, heres a link

http://www.cnbc.com/id/28621704

on that page there is a "should pot be legal" pole, currently 97.2% of Americans who took the pole are on the side of legalization. Since this is the national media and they are obviously sympathetic towards marijuana, I urge you all to vote for legalization, who knows someone may take this seriously, perhaps a new leader who admits to smoking pot......

you know, the black dude in the white house.

THINK ABOUT IT!

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

3. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

marijuana is for n00bs

4. Hippie McRaver

the noobiest noobs

5. telephone

telephone weird

Marijuana Nation?
    Didn't that already air on NatGeo or something? Or was that called something else nation...

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i wonder if there's also a poll there, where 97% of the participants who were not too burnt out to spell voted against legalization...

7. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I don't even has cnbc !

[​IMG]

8. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

what is so fucking bad about marijuana, for real?

there are other purposes for it than just smoking, paper, rope, cloth

9. nesta

nesta Banned

the poll is not an accurate representation of the feelings of americans at large for a number of reasons, and it is NOT asking about legalization. it's asking about decriminalization, which is a huge difference. there are already a number of states where it's "decriminalized" but that doesnt mean you can buy it in a store in most of these places, and it CERTAINLY doesnt mean you can just openly smoke pot whenever or wherever you want. it just means its not a criminal offence - things like major fines may still be in place, and it may even still be a criminal offence due to other issues, such as having it too close to a school, or being high while driving, or whatever. this is what the question is about - NOT legalization.

and both bush and clinton also smoked pot and admitted to having done so - and they sure didnt do anything about it. (besides, in case you werent aware, with the exception of the abominations that occurred in the past 8 years, presidents are not generally lawmakers, and have no power to change things like marijuana law anyway). mayor bloomberg of new york city also admitted to smoking pot, and enjoying it, yet supported aggressive anti-marijuana laws in his city. there's more to it than the "common sense" that would appear is involved on the surface. they could decriminalize it and make it a low priority and then lay off a ton of cops and stop getting as much funding for combating drug use and stop getting as much money for their locales from drug busts resulting in major fines....or they could legalize it and tax it and make a little money from taxes but still get rid of even MORE jobs and funding....or they can keep things the way they are and play up the risks so they can provide more jobs and funding.

and apart from the issues with all this, you have implementation problems. with a product which has been stuck in the black market for so many decades, a criminal culture has become intertwined with the marijuana culture, and while most pot smokers are not worse people than your average person on the street, the people who have enough stock to go into legitimized businesses selling their products are almost universally criminals. customors usually purchase from dealers who don't sell much more than an ounce at a time unless special arangements are made. these dealers would be out of work, because they could not compete with the big guys once it was legitimized. to run a shop, one would need plenty in stock, and variety to boot. the people in control of this are either growers or big time drug dealers. the growers are principally growers and suppliers, and not usually also dealers in the normal sense. big time drug dealers, though, are usually not very good people - you don't get to the top of an illegal and competitive industry with scruples. the government would have a hard time figuring out a way to allow the honest and upstanding marijuana users, enthusiasts, and growers to profit while not allowing these criminals to profit.

also, legalization issues are semi-regularly put on ballots during elections, and are regularly voted down, usually by around 60 percent against or so.

the internet poll is a poll only of people who have been to the site about the marijuana related show, and happened also to vote. it is in NO way representative of the nation, its representative of people looking at that site.

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

read the OP for an idea...

11. Hippie McRaver

Nesta is correct, but come on it is exciting. I am always glad to see marijuana in a positive light on the media.

and yes, I R havin riting trubls.

12. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

13. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

97% does seem a bit "high"...

But then, the ones who would vote against decriminalising it are brainless idiots, so their say doesn't count. IMO.

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well it does represent the opinions of people who see the title "marijuana nation" and decide to actually follow the link, read it, and vote on it...

15. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

weed is so lame

16. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

If marijuana was for rectal use only if would be waaaaaaaaaay cooler

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

there's non-suppository way of using it? :confused:

18. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I make my own cannabis suppositories.....

its still lame

Meth is my drug of choice.

19. Hippie McRaver

20. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

fucked him last night.

yes. its a him. :cool: