Marijuana law reforms a winner on Change.org

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by March of the Meanies, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Obama's website Change.org held a contest where people could voice their suggestions for change during his term and people would vote for them and they'd post the top 10.

"Legalize the Medicinal and Recreational Use of Marijuana" was one of them.

Now I know its not going to immediately legalize it, or even change anyone's mind, but its a right step and it'll at least let our president know what his people want.

It received close to 20,000 votes and was actually merged with two other pot related suggestions that also got high votes.

http://www.change.org/ideas/view/legalize_the_medicinal_and_recreational_use_of_marijuana

:cheers2:

2. marksup123

marksup123 I'm a girl!

wasn't this posted awhile back?

and like, the response was "Mr. Obama does not support the legalization of marijuana", and that was it?

sorry guyz but i think obama is full of shit :eek:

3. I think that was a question when he had his little "ask me questions and I'll consider it" and they asked if he's for pot legalization and he said no.

This is similar but it'll hopefully show him how many people care about this cause

He changed his mind about it correct? He was for it before he was in the heavy running then changed his views to grab some votes is what I heard. Hey if he changed his mind once, never know

4. marksup123

marksup123 I'm a girl!

mhm yeah.... too bad he isn't solely the one who makes the laws... it still has to be passed to congress and such...

fat chance of them approving :rolleyes:

then the media will swarm all over him making him look like a n00b for proposing such preposterous ideas...

5. I guess the best we can hope for is legal medical use in PA.

Hell if arthritis really runs in the family like everyone in the family says then why not

6. marksup123

marksup123 I'm a girl!

douuuubt it. this aint the wild wild west!

edit: haha i'm sorry i just realized that i've been completely raining on your parade. not my intentions, i'm just voicing my opinion. of course as a smoker i DO hope that it's legal, in PA as well as the rest of the country.. i just don't see it happening any time soon :(

7. Oh, don't worry I wasn't trying to hold any kind of parade. Just thought it was an interesting little nugget of pot news, fit for the lounge.

I know we're a faaaaar ways away from legalization, and I don't really and haven't really minded doing it illegally. Makes it more interesting

8. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

Obama Is just another pawn of the establishment.

9. marksup123

marksup123 I'm a girl!

^ this is true

the president is nothing more than a figure-head

10. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

this is old news anyway. i don't care who's "in charge" anymore. im still preparing for the end of civilization.

11. weedwhacker

weedwhacker TFM Bro!

nothing new here...

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

of course hes full of shit.. Thats why his skin is brown.. :p