Marijuana Indoors

Discussion in 'Cannabis Grow Rooms and Greenhouses' started by Longbeard1971, Jul 26, 2021.

1. I think it was very early eighties

2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

I lived in the London area for about six months in 2004, and the people I knew were all into growing and selling seeds online all over the world.

They got quite rich and greedy swiftly, and inevitably it all crashed down. One of them spent 3 years in a hell hole jail rotting in the Philippines for 3 years.

It is crazy sad that a plant gets such disrespect and is deemed illegal.

I grew pot plants in pots on my balcony in Amsterdam for several years, and friends had attic grows. There were many Americans living in Amsterdam back in the 90s and early 2000s... mostly growers and seed breeders. Eventually all the seed companies moved to places like Spain and eastern Europe.

Cannabis seeds got more expensive than Tulips at the height of the craze in the Golden Era of the Netherlands... and still sell briskly.

They are very handy for growing something of quality at home instead of taking your chances on some seeds from a bag you got on the corner :)

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  3. Yeah, I have a young friend who grows, and he is constantly studying different varieties and their properties.

~Zen~ likes this.
  4. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Don't mind if I do :D

20220615_134642.jpg 20220615_134054.jpg 20220615_134301.jpg

These two ladies will hopefully bear many, many offspring over the next year

~Zen~ likes this.
  5. ~Zen~

They have motherly qualities to be sure :)

Are those grow containers used water jugs, painted to keep the roots dark?

Is this a closet or a separate grow chamber...

So many questions!!!

I know, but I am curious.

What strains are they?

6. FritzDaKatx2

Yep, 5 gallon water cooler jugs with the tops removed. They did well for my basil and datura but I'm looking into 20 gallon planters for the clones

Right now just drop plastic and mylar sheeting to help keep the rH above the 2-15% it usually swings between (I've got it solidly in the 40-67% range now with temps running from mid 70's at night to upper 80's in the day
    Taking up about 5x5 in a spare bedroom we use for storage, soon to have an 8x8 framed out like a walk-in closet complete with a homemade 5 gallon charcoal air scrubber

The tall one is Golden Tiger
    Golden Tiger (These folks have a banner ad here somewhere and were a pleasure to do business with)

The stumpy shrublike one is a freebie Super Lemon Haze.
    Super Lemon Haze

Both showing preflower nicely but plenty of time to herm or otherwise go to hell AND I still have more Golden tiger seeds to pop in hopes of getting a male so I wont have to buy any more seeds.

Kind of surprised they didn't stress out given how long I've had them in veg and dealing with issues early on like 2% RH or using our tap water with an 8.7 pH before figuring out my diy approach to pH down but they seem to have settled in mostly after 93 days from seed. (This is not yet a Pheno-hunt obviously. lol) Oddly, just last week the Golden Tiger was about 2-3 inches shorter than the Lemon Haze
    I think it really liked the addition of a 2 gallon Mesquite green-manure smoothie to my usual compost tea and plan on trying another made simply from the mesquite pods as a mostly standalone fertilizer (The nutritional content of mesquite flour is pretty impresive) OR perhaps it was the seaweed extract I've been using finally kicking in? idk yet though I should soon as I'm topping both and taking a couple more clones off each in the next hour or two :D

7. ~Zen~

Well glory be, it's wonderful to meet a real grower here.

You have an excellent grasp of how to do it, But I sure like hearing about and seeing what you have going on :)

Bravo!

I do love Super Lemon Haze, it was my favorite strain for a long time. Up on Cobb Mountain they grew huge armloads and wheelbarrows full of it...somebody had to trim it!

8. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

I'm liking this thread :)

9. ~Zen~

In a recent message from Jorge Cervantes, I understand he is reworking the Marijuana Grow Bible and updating it with all sorts of the latest technology and facts. It's been since 2008 when I last worked with Jorge, creating the last edition of the 'Bible.'

I have offered to help :)

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  10. FritzDaKatx2

Tried to bring myself to top this "big" 43" Golden tiger girl and take clones, just sat there staring at it debating between which nodes I wanted to cut for a couple hours and really couldn't come to a decision so I've decided to sleep on it.
    (Bottom left you can see the jar under the blue light, that's bean #3, more golden tiger, hoping for a boy as I would not mind a Mason jar of seeds at the going rate.)
    20220701_223812.jpg

And the Super lemon haze is recovering nicely from its uprooting a couple weeks back it seems.
    Even getting some nicely developing sun leaves up top again
    20220701_223838.jpg

11. FritzDaKatx2

113 days from 2 seeds, 10 plants hopefully (We'll see how the rooting hormones go)

20220706_223145.jpg

I think it's time for a few more budget 100w led boards (They are getting so damn cheap these days)

~Zen~ likes this.
  12. FritzDaKatx2

This is just nuts.
    I'm aiming to try supercropping the tall one and while trimming clones off just two days ago I went ahead and pinched the top few baby nodes down to the side.

Generally it seems this method is supposed to help curb vertical growth for about a week while the plant recovers from the damage.

My mutant is doing in 48 hrs what often takes a week :eek:

20220708_113959.jpg

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  13. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

Looking good man! Really makes me miss growing.

~Zen~ likes this.