Marijuana Indoors

Discussion in 'Cannabis Grow Rooms and Greenhouses' started by Longbeard1971, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Longbeard1971

Longbeard1971 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If you grow a couple of plants inside how bad is the smell?

~Zen~ likes this.
  2. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Not bad to be honest. I've been in houses that have plants and it's very faint. Good ventilation is key.

~Zen~ likes this.
  3. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

4. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Bravo! Very important to keep that in check for lots of reasons, but mainly MOLD.

5. FritzDaKatx2

So far I've had trouble keeping it above 35%rh aside from nighttime.
    Now it's a safe 50% at the driest portions and peaked at 68% last night so hopefully my "girls" will actually start growing (51 days and counting from seed)

This is basically what I'm working against environmentally speaking
    Screenshot_20220505-192309_Wunderground.jpg

~Zen~ likes this.
  6. ~Zen~

Yes I see your issue. Desert climate like mine :)

Wish I was in a place that was better for home growing, indoors. Too risky here in Mexico. The cartels firmly control all cannabis activity. Recently they made a HUGE deal out of some poor soul who had ONE scraggly looking sad plant in his back yard. Nosy neighbors here see all.

If I knew I was going to be in this same house for a year or two I would create my own grow cabinet from a used refrigerator. They make WONDERFUL grow cabinets. Best would be to find an upright full sized freezer with a locking door already. Although some use a standard frig with freezer compartment. They can be growing new seedlings in the freezer part, and flowering something in the bigger chamber.

I have had some really award winning smoke grown in one of these.

Here's a website with basic instructions.

https://www.doityourself.com/stry/building-a-refrigerator-grow-box

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  7. ~Zen~

[​IMG]

Grow in a box :)

wyldwynd and FritzDaKatx2 like this.
  8. FritzDaKatx2

I was considering something along those lines for keeping a couple mothers isolated.
    Still recall drooling over those "modified" entertainment cabinets they used to sell on high times back in the 80's but I'm still struggling to get the $$ set aside for a *good* ec/pH/tds meter.
    Won't be as much an issue once I start getting some cured bud from the girls, it will save me an extra $125 or so a month.

So tempted to set some outdoors too but where you have Cartels we have Meth heads, while not generally as violent they sure do love stealing shit it seems. Makes one appreciate how Arizona doesn't discriminate against Mary Jane when it comes to gun ownership :D

wyldwynd and ~Zen~ like this.
  9. ~Zen~

We had a similar problem in Northern California.

Either the cops would be hovering overhead in their copters taking pictures of you in the garden, or meth heads would steal your grow before right before harvest.

In some cases nearby my place, if you were lucky enough to get your crop in and cured, trimmed and bagged, the cops or the meth heads would show up and take it all at gunpoint.

With all that I stopped growing in 2016. By the time 2018 rolled around there was so much wildfire smoke every summer growing anything outside got badly contaminated. That's when I left for Mexico.

Here you can get an ounce of bud for $25.00 US. No choice or variety, it's whatever they have. About half of the time it is OK, 25 % gets baked and about 25% is trash (seeds, stems, leaf).

wyldwynd likes this.
  10. FritzDaKatx2

I think I see a couple clones in a week or so
    20220518_111713.jpg 20220518_111618.jpg

Might try a couple Kratky pots to see how well my tea works, we'll see

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  11. FritzDaKatx2

Hmmm

20220528_162734.jpg 20220528_162700.jpg
    So I toned down the lights for a few days to see if I could get them to stretch a bit and let a little more blurple into the canopy then back to full power.
    Seems to have worked :D

Candy Gal and Tyrsonswood like this.
  12. ~Zen~

Indoor growing is seeing a resurgence as retail cannabis prices have gone through the roof.

It's a plant and plants are easy to grow.

Gotta be careful with light and ventilation... in addition to the security.

13. And if you live in a cold climate, don't grow in the attic. The snow melts on the piece of roof overhead and is more than a bit obvious :D:D:D:D

~Zen~ and Tyrsonswood like this.
  14. On a more serious note, set up a growing tent. Keeps the smell to a minimum in the rest of the property.

~Zen~ likes this.
  15. ~Zen~

Sounds lie words of experience :)

Good advice about the attic...although I have Dutch friends who do that in winter as the summer it is too hot up there.

Grow tents and grow boxes are fabulous!

I have worked with tents and closet grows. I prefer a closet grow, as you can securely lock that door, and with proper air filtration there will be no obvious smell. Cannabis flowers are known to be rather stinky!!!

Why do you think it's called Skunk by some ;)

16. Cupboard once many years ago. Worked well but a friend trying to save his own arse gave us up to the cops. Good crops but after that we didn't do the cupboard again:D:D:D

~Zen~ likes this.
  17. ~Zen~

Sorry to hear that etherea!

What a drag indeed. What a turd of a so-called 'friend.'

But you did enjoy the crops, eh? Wonderful!

18. It was a long time ago but rather embarrassing as well as costly (fine and lawyer to keep us out of jail for intent to supply). Police cars and vans were all over the road for everyone in the neighbourhood to see. Plus, it was front page story in the local newspaper.

19. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

So, you are famous, then...

20. infamous for five minutes