Marijuana Forum to Cannabis Forum

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by jimgolf, Jan 31, 2009.

1. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

well, why don't we call this forum 'the ganj forum'?
    or 'the herb forum'?
    or 'the weed forum'?
    or 'the pot forum'?
    or 'the green forum'?
    or 'the smoke forum'?
    or 'the grass forum'?
    or 'the bud forum'?
    or 'the stoned forum'?
    or 'the dope forum'?
    or 'the magic plant forum'?
    or 'the bush forum'?
    or 'the herbal forum'?
    or 'the homegrown forum'?

or 'pothead society'?

2. Vapemaster

Vapemaster Captain of a sinking ship

Because cannabis sativa is the actual name for the plant and all of those terms are just slang. I actually had the same thought as the OP but figured nothing would change so I never posted anything about it. You people saying "it's just a fucking plant" obviously have no respect for the herb and deserve nothing more than schwag.

3. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

It is just a fucking plant, really, that's why it's called weed, cause it grows like weeds, everywhere. And in terms of drugs weed is barely even a drug, it's an enhancer to boredom, like when you first start smoking it's cool cause smoking IS the activity to do, then you keep smoking pot because there is never anything to do.

now salvia, salvia is more then a plant, that's something that will fuck you up and scare the crap out of you for what seems like an eternity in just 2 minutes.

4. Vapemaster

True enough but saying it's just another plant is a little demeaning to cannabis considering the wonderful psychoactive effects it produces. How many other plants can you smoke and feel that great after doing so? It is not a drug, only in the eyes of the wonderful people in charge of our countries. Tobacco also being a a plant which is smoked but provides (in my opinion) a dirty buzz and is highly addictive is not considered a drug =/...something is wrong here.

I have tried salvia 3 times and it has never taken me anywhere, just gave me a weird buzz that felt like a heavy tobacco/nicotine buzz. I don't think I will even try again because of the awful taste but I'm pretty sure it was just shitty salvia that we had...got it at a convenience store downtown. Perhaps if I were to have bought some better quality salvia at a headshop it would have worked.

5. TheMadcapSyd

Oh god you didn't quote unquote "break on through", when you salvia is like taking 20 hits of acid for 2 minutes

But marijuana is a drug, if it wasn't a drug none of us would smoke it

6. Vapemaster

What are you on about, "break on through"? The song by the doors? I'm not quite sure what you are referring to there.

I agree that it is a drug by the real definition of drug (altering normal state, etc.) but not by the way governments classify drugs which is what most people think of when they hear the word (negative connotation).

I realize I kind of contradicted my previous post here but you get what I'm saying?

7. TheMadcapSyd

No I get it, it's kind of like what I was trying to say before though when weed is barely anything, like weed is backround noise to life.

But in terms of breaking through, that's generally what happens when people smoke salvia and don't most of the time either 1. take a big enough hit and long it for as long as it has to be hold, or 2. ideally a torch lighter should be used and 3. just having it be a low extract. But when you break though, it's like the universe unzippering itself, angels of death, ect kinds of things for those 2 minutes

8. Vapemaster

The closest I came to actually feeling anything I was on my own in my room using my perc bong. I finished the hit and held it as long as possible and started to feel a little different so I laid down in bed. All the things on the opposite side of my room felt as if they were rushing towards me for a few moments but then I lost it and just felt that buzz. This was with the convenience store salvia, so I am tempted to try some from the headshop since I have witnessed a few friends smoke it and "go places".

9. Ducky

Ducky Member

I actually wouldn't give a shit. As I said, it's a plant, and I couldn't give less of a shit about it, I've got better stuff to do.

Haha, you are soooo right. You smoke weed, so you must know the world. All who don't shall perish an ignoramus, unaware of the intricacies which lay in this world. Thanks for showing us brainwashed sheep the way, oh wise one.

God, I enjoy being an asshole too much.

10. †ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg

†ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg Eminent Herbalist

Yea, because the quality of ones "hook-up", greatly effects ones judgment..:rolleyes:

11. jimgolf

jimgolf Member

I guess no one seems to feel somewhat the same as me :(

Anyway, it was just a suggestion and figured if it was changed it would show that people on this forum feel strongly about weed and take offence to a name that was meant to insult the holy herb in the first place.

:)

Plus...how long could it take to change it anyway?

12. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

Don't make accusations you can't back up.
    You have no idea how I feel about it.

13. Vapemaster

No, I don't. But putting it off as just another plant shows me you take it for granted. There are shitloads of plants that you probably walk past every day and think nothing of, but is that how you see weed? Just another plant that is there but no attention is paid to it? Obviously not if you are smoking it, so no it's not "just a fucking plant"

14. DandysTree

DandysTree Member

some of you a very strange... it was such a simple suggestion, it would hurt absolutely no one, yet you have such a problem with it.... where does this aggresion come from? half of you admit to not even smoking the plant, why argue over the name of the board if you dont even partake in the activiy... i mean jeez, am i crazy or what

and to Ducky, why do you say you enjoy being an asshole??? isnt that like saying "hey, dont listen to me!! i have nothing intellegent to add to this conversation!!!"

15. †ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg

†ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg Eminent Herbalist

Because noone gives a flying fuck if some noob doesn't like the name, so just sdfu and gtfo.

K thanks.

16. does2

does2 Member

WHOOP there it is.
    Well put, kind sir.

17. DandysTree

DandysTree Member

can i start with a WTF???

like i said, simple suggestion, that would have invovled a simple solution, you guys need an attitude adjustment on the real

is it cause we only have 100 posts, were not cool enough to have ideas like youzz guyzzz, maybe ill go romp on some other threads to build up my post count so i can look cool like you

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yeah, the noob argument is as silly as making a difference between the terms of cannabis and marijuana on a hippieforum indeed.

19. DandysTree

DandysTree Member

yea right

so sorry, i didnt realize you guys all immediatly judged the quality of a thread by post count, ill keep that in mind next time :eek:

20. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Maybe because Louis Armstrong sang about "Sweet Mary Jane" and not "Sweet Canny Bus"?

Maybe for the same reason there's no "Diviner's Sage" forum?

Maybe because most of us are neither botanists nor Latin scholars, and are quite content speaking of the mockingbird in the white oak, instead of the mimus polyglottos in the quercus alba ?

Maybe because kind bud by another name would smell as skunky?