Marijuana Decriminalized in Austin, TX

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by soocersway2cool, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Andrew07

Andrew07 Member

Yeah that was my understanding going into it all, that's why I asked various lawyers to make sure that what I was hearing was correct. Either the city/county I was in makes up their own laws or NORML just isn't up to date on all the loopholes the judicial system takes advantage of.

2. Andrew07

Andrew07 Member

Regardless though, hopefully things are a little more relaxed with the new "decriminalization" standing in Austin than where I'm from. At the very least, at least it's a step in the right direction.

3. yonosoymedico

yonosoymedico Member

I dont see how losing your license helps society AT ALL.. AND no, norml is not up to date on their laws, AT ALL.. my state for example norml thinks we have an active hemp industry, this is not the case.. fuck norml I think their some kind of diversion from making the movement happen... why would they not update their news section, and have active programs in all state? I dont get it... norml definitely doesnt have its law section correct at this point in time is what im getting at... haha

4. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

first off, it is NOT decriminalized in AUSTIN. it may be low priority, but that is nothing new. there are two bills in the house HB902 which is to reduce the sentencing to a maximum fine of $500 and NO jail time for less than an oz. there is nother bill HB164 which is for medical marijuana use. go to norml.org or google texas norml. they have a blog. if you really want to decriminalize marijuana in texas then you have to write letters and make phone calls to your representatives. IF EVERY STONER WROTE ONE LETTER EACH, THESE BILLS WOULD PASS. i've already written to the three representatives opposed to HB902 as well as those in support of HB164. PM me if you want to discuss this matter and what you can do to advance user's rights in tejas

5. natural philosophy

6. natural philosophy

7. trippenballz09

trippenballz09 Member

yo really?they did that in Austin?Im from Dallas, but live in Kansas now...hadnt heard that yet...Also heard the other day that anything under a qp is officer discretion wether he takes you to jail or not.(in texas)

8. Andrew07

Andrew07 Member

Haha, everything is at the officer's discretion man. If he catches you in the act of murder he doesn't HAVE to do anything about it.

9. LSD_Coated_Brain

LSD_Coated_Brain Member

Exactly true... Im in ohio too btw.

To the Texas guy... Weed being decriminalized isn't necessarily a free pass. Say a cop pulls you over, and you have a quarter ounce. No matter what he will confiscate it. But if you happen to seem high (which he will look for) than you will get tested and charged with DWI. Also, once they find weed, they can search your car without your consent... and even if you don't have anything, you don't want some fat sweaty pig tearing up your car....

10. natural philosophy

in texas it is at LEO's discretion to ticket or take to jail. travis county is the only county in texas that actually does this, though.

ive had friends stopped in austin high as a kite and the cop just told them to smoke at home or something and let them go. just dont be rude and if it's obvious that you're high (eyes red, smoke billowing out the window, joint tucked behind ear, etc.) then be respectful and honest and pull out your shit when the cop asks you to. one time a cop basically confiscated his sack, told him he was going to smoke it later, then let him go:cheers2:

11. natural philosophy

catch and release, just like bass fishing

12. crondor

crondor Member

This is good news, though I don't plan on getting caught anyways ;). Personally I think alcohol is more dangerous than weed. Have u seen someone goto the hospital from sitting at home smoking too much weed?