Marijuana chefs, i have a question =]

Discussion in 'Medicinal Cannabis and Marijuana' started by StrawberryFields32, Mar 16, 2008.

1. StrawberryFields32

StrawberryFields32 Member

hey
    I just recently bought a bottle of this amazing hempseed oil from my local organic grocery market and I was wondering, is it possible to dissolve small amounts of bud (like maybe a gram or two) in this oil and then consume it? I've watched a few videos and read a couple recipes, but all of them seem to call for amounts of MJ that I can't afford to potentially waste on cooking it (since my culinary skills....kinda suck).
    And I've also read on erowid that when you bake with it, it's a couple times as powerful as smoking it. So, theoretically, if I were to dissolve the equivalent of a bowl into the oil and consumed it, would it be the same effect as a couple bowls?

peace

2. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

u should do at least a gram, ground up..if u use heat be careful, if noit, it takes a good long time

3. ava

ava Member

you don't need good mj to cook with. find some leaf(i use stuff people can't sell or use) you only need a couple of handfuls. As for heat, use a slow cooker croc pot or use a smaller saucepan in a bigger pot of water on a low heat, if you use water,butter,mj. it shouldn't burn after afew hours, squeeze the liquid through

a strainer and freeze it. the butter will seperate and re boil the liquid that is left
    if there isn't much liquid left, just throw it in the mix make something easy like shortbread can't go wrong

4. StrawberryFields32

StrawberryFields32 Member

Thanks a bunch guys. I think I'll wait till I get some more dough, I might just stick to smoked for now. Greatly appreciated.

5. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

where in pa are ya.....i got some oil already made (cold extraction) thats extremely strong...8 drops will kick your ass for 24 hours
    ya could just drop by for a lil taste if ya want...i got a years supply at least

6. philywilly

philywilly Member

I would recommend trying firecrackers.

Needed:
    Crackers
    Peanut butter or nutella
    Weed (.5-1g a cracker)

To prepare the crackers, all you have to do is spread a generous amount of PB or nutella on two crackers each and sprinkle the weed on each then simply stick both crackers together and pop in the oven (preheated at 320) for 22 minutes and voila!

For clearer instructions: http://boards.cannabis.com/recipes/87246-how-make-plain-ol-perfect-working-firecrackers.html

7. ava

ava Member

you shouldn't have to pay alot of $$ for leaf. i don't want you getting ripped off

btw, shortbread is made with rice flour:)

8. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

you shouldnt have to strain anything if you just put it all in the refrig... because the leaf matter will settle out in the water before the oil hardens

just a side note... make sure to check the fat content on the nutrition fact label.. most oils are like 14-16% i dunno if hempseed oil would be lower or greater than this... but obviously the higher fat content the better the extraction.. meaning cooking with lard or bacon grease... is your best way of extraction... not concidered "healthy" but it'll work better