"Manly" hemp anklets?

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Sunburst, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

So I learned from Zigg how to make hemp necklaces about three days ago and have been going absolutely nuts making tons of bracelets and anklets (and a necklace, and an ankle-to-toe thing...). My brother decided he wanted an anklet, so I said "Sure!". A little later, an image floated into my head of a 14-year-old guy wearing a thin, twisty hemp anklet. I almost peed myself laughing! Is there any way you can imagine up to make it look less girly? I have pretty thin hemp twine right now, but am buying some thicker stuff this weekend. What about beads? Are glass beads too girly, should I stick with the wooden ones, or would they be okay? lol I'll stop asking questions now...Thanks a bunch!

2. tommyboy487

tommyboy487 Member

As soon as you stick it on a guy it wont be girly:p Im sportin an anklet right now that would look great on a girll..

3. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

Haha all right:p I think you're right so I'll try it!

4. fruit bat

fruit bat All dumplings are real.

I've found if you just do a flat knot, or use lots of wooden or natural earth tone-ybeads, that increases the masculinity..:rolleyes: Or you can get thicker hemp,and make those really cool chunkier lookin pieces.. You can get it at Wal Mart for the same price as the smaller rolls of hemp. :D Hope that helped.

5. Bella_Donna

Bella_Donna *Femme Fatale*

Yeah, you could stick with a flat knot. However, I've made my boy wear every kind of hemp anklet I can make: with or without beads, thick hemp, think hemp, twisty, flat, knotty, etc. Personally, I thought the really thick hemp with one solid black bead and flat knots looked the best. I never found any of them looking "unmanly", though.

6. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

yeah my guy wears anything i'll make him... but i'd say thicker hemp, and large wooden beads... but anything looks good anyways....

7. tommyboy487

tommyboy487 Member

well ive got tons of flowery hemp and lacy and all that that ive made(H).. but yea id say itll look "manly" if you just take like 6 fillerchords haha and afterwards throw it in the washing machine. usebig wooden beads too

8. fruit bat

fruit bat All dumplings are real.

I do the washing machine thing too. :D

Works great.

9. you could make a wide band of some sort...

10. tommyboy487

tommyboy487 Member

I made these about 3 days ago... and havnt taken them off since .. they're not manly at all[​IMG] ...

[​IMG][​IMG]

But then again you could always go with something like this.. (haha its not even hemp- just string that i found in the garage... itchy as fuck though.)

[​IMG]

11. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

washing machine thing? what is that?

12. tommyboy487

tommyboy487 Member

its just the cheap way of making em look old and worn.