Manchester United

Discussion in 'Sports TV' started by chris_1661, May 24, 2006.

1. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

2. Anaconda man

Anaconda man I am not a hippy

So what's your point? That Man Utd are great? Ok, but so are a lot of clubs.

Personally, I'm just a fan of great football. I like watching United as well as Liverpool, Arsenal, and Tottenham H, and with the signings of Ballack and now possibly Shevchenko, Chelsea will be the team to watch next season.

3. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

4. zpiper

zpiper Member

Manchester used to be the worlds greatest club... and now... they are old...flubby and worn out, they need some more youngin' and a beter coach.

5. Anaconda man

Anaconda man I am not a hippy

Don't be so sensitive, you're post wasn't a waste of time or unnecessary, I replied as did someone else. It's just that when you talk about football, a lot of people miss the point. Football's supposed to be beautiful, not fans of one team saying that other teams are not worthy.

As for Chelsea having no class, well Lampard, Robben, Crespo, and Joe Cole are exciting, classy players in my book. I agree there's a lot of negativity surrounding Chelsea, but maybe the "gloryhunters" are wearing Chelsea shirts cause they're fans of Chelsea's style. The way I see it, football is about skill and beauty, not talking smack about other teams.

Btw, I'm a Villa supporter (not chelsea). Being from London you'd think I would support a London team, but I've supported Villa since I was 9, because I was a fan of their style of play and in particular David Platt. Platt left Villa went down in quality, but I'm still a fan. But more importantly I'm a fan of GOOD football, I'll watch any team that plays well.

6. Peterness

Peterness Member

I started supporting man united from about 1990.

Things were very different back then, every season Man U had really exciting players coming up through the youth team and I enjoyed 'growing up' with players like Neville, Scholes, Giggs and Beckham and watching them grow...I feel back then it was more about the prestige of playing for Man Utd rather than the financial incentive. This is why Man U had so many charismatic players who played beautiful football such as Cantona, Keane and Schmiechel.

But today so much has changed. Man U have sold out, there isnt the same quality coming up through the youth and the competitiveness of the premiership has basically turned the managerial , administrative and financial part of man united into a cut throat bunch of arseholes...The way Van Nisterooy has been treated recently has totally disgusted me. The Glazers have nothing to offer the club (except debt) and will bring it to its knees over the next few years. This is the beginning of the end of a wonderful era for united and it's going to take many years to get back that legendary status...This is why i'm starting to think about hanging up the shirt.

Call me a glory hunter if you want but it's got nothing to do with winning trophies (or not as is the case now!), Man U just arent the same anymore. Fergie has changed, there is nothing in the way of decent youth players coming through, the whole reason I used to support them has gone out the window.

That said i'd never ever consider supporting Chelsea or Arsenal. Chelsea have not in any way earnt there success. They were simply given infinite amounts of money to build a dream team lead by the single most arrogant human being on the planet who has absolutely no passion or personality...There style of football is very defensive which I don't like. I just have zero respect for them. There is nothing to really like about them.

Two teams I really do like the look of at the moment are Liverpool and Tottenham (My mum is a liverpool supporter my dad a spurs fan!) and it's great to see them back in top flight. I really like there mangers, non-arrogant, and there players and styles of football are so good. Gerrard is a treat to watch.

7. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

8. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

football in the uk is shite now .......no one starts off on a even keel ....its a fuckin buisness that crushes grass roots football . man utd :D liverpool :D chelsea:D ......love fuckin someone like everton - watford - reading - to do the treble ........now that would certainly backfire on those over paid nancy boy gobshite teds . .............man farts wont even play in a bit of snow these days "contracts "loyalty" to a particular club " loyaly players are far and few between these days "............fuckin poncy cat walk pricks . watch the 73 fa cup final sunderland v leeds........thats football man .

9. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

10. Cataclysmic

Cataclysmic Member

I love Manchester United. I am a supporter of them through and through, whether they play premiership football or conference football. I think that they are the greatest team in the UK, if not Europe. They are one of the most successful clubs in the world in who have fans from europe to asia. And everyone who is talking about Manchester United getting old, I mean seriously, giggs, van der sar, neville and scholes are the oldest players on the main 11 but they are all still on superb form. It wont suprise me if they remain the greatest team in the UK for at least the next few decades.

11. Soya

Soya Member

man.united are good, but i like Celtic better.

12. MariusCesar

MariusCesar Member

13. jmt

jmt Ezekiel 25:17

Hollow Hollow hollow
    chelsea's success is fucking hollow
    all the money it took
    from the big russian crook
    and you'll never win 3 in a row...

14. greenryder

greenryder Member

I don't follow football that closely, however whenever I hear the words Manchester + United I want to throw up.

15. jmt

becuase YOULL NEVER WIN THREE IN A ROWW!!!

16. greenryder

greenryder Member

My favourite English club is Fulham...We'll never win ANYTHING.

(although my favourite football club overall is Ajax)

17. jmt

ah i loved how you guys pwned at least demsey did against chel$ki this sunday thank you!

18. nldn

nldn Senior Member

I'm not a Man Utd glory seeker. Unlike most of them I could actually find my way to Manchester and have relatives a few miles outside Manchester.

Follow your local team, or at least somewhere where you have a connection.

19. jmt

you from england huh? well how do you feel about wilson palacios? Manu almost signed him but tottenham got him:mad:. by the way i always hear that term towards Manu fan " glory seekers?" what do you mean? their a top notch like two weeks ago lol. am a milanista btw.

20. nldn

nldn Senior Member

Almost all the Man U fans I know never followed them when they were in the second division (as it was called) and went over 20 years without winning the league. The sort of people who Roy Keane referred to as the 'prawn sandwich' brigade.

Since you posted (jmt) you'll be aware of the tragic death of Wilson Palacios's brother, and although I'm no fan of his playing, my thoughts are with him.