Man VS. Wild anyone??

Discussion in 'TV Documentaries' started by littleghost, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Shaw-Min

Shaw-Min Member

I love seeing him munching on animals. It's fun.

2. The Earth

The Earth Om Tare Tutare Ture Svaha

Thing I find different about the two shows is that Les always stays in one spot unless he has to move, and ends up in undesirable camp spots (like the edge of a river). Where Bear is always on the move.

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

4. raz5

raz5 زینب

i dig survivor man because he has to operate the camera's himself and worry about his equiptment which puts more on his shoulders, in man vs wild bear does some crazyyyyy stuff i dig him cause he like jumps off cliffs and has that accent....

5. clegg

clegg Member

Bear's shows are scripted, he gets help from his crew, he's admitted to sleeping in hotels, using harnesses where he said he wasn't (climbing), having professionals make his raft for him when he said he did it himself, fimling through his night camera in the day to pretend it was night, etc etc ...

Had they not tried to trick everyone into thinking this show was real, i'd appreciate it much more.. .The fact that it's as scripted and fake as it is turns me off.

If I want to watch people eating gross things, I'll watch fear factor.

6. Yert

Yert Member

Survivorman can eat a dick. Man vs. Wild is the shit, you just can't make it entertaining enough without setting up a few stunts. Bear does way crazier shit.

P.S. anyone see Men vs. Wild with Will Ferrel? It actually didn't quite live up to my expectations but they were set too high, it was still really good.

7. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

I thought Grylls was in the SAS.

8. symbiote

symbiote Member

yeaaa! i love how he's always on the move - the terrain he goes through is so awesome. the episode with will ferrel was good, mainly because it was fun to see someone with no experience react to what was going on.

9. The Earth

The Earth Om Tare Tutare Ture Svaha

It says Bear served in the United Kingdom Special Forces Reserve, Special Air Service (SAS), as a trooper, survival instructor, and patrol medic..

That kicks ass

10. panxzz

panxzz Member

i agree with you completely. the point of a survival show is to demonstrate techniques in an interesting manner; which bear does much better than les.
    les is always whining about carrying his camera equipment around too.

btw, anyone who missed the latest episodes, watch man vs wild here

11. Cavlin

Cavlin Banned

This one is the best show in discovery i love the most....