man it looks so different, i miss the old forums ALOT

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by unionpacificrailroad, May 8, 2004.

1. unionpacificrailroad

unionpacificrailroad Member

Peace,

:(. how many agree? i dont know if i can take this big change so suddenly! i miss the old forums ohh. man how i wish they were back again!

later

the sad flower child

2. homebudz

homebudz Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

That makes two of us Josh.This new format sux.

3. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

It does all look very different, and I miss the old format too, but I suppose this must be better or skip wouldn't have changed it. I guess we will just have to get used to it.
    Josh, I sent you some cookies. Did you get them yet?

4. Graham

Graham Member

i like the new forums, change is not allways bad once we get used to them til be grand :)

5. MajestikGypsy

MajestikGypsy Member

I gotta agree in saying that i don't much care for this either. I Don't see many "improvements" just a lot of hassle.:(

6. sila

sila Member

So far my thoughts are the same.

7. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

i agree these suck

8. pufferfish

pufferfish Member

yep I think the old way was better, but not much we can do yes?

9. GoodKarma

GoodKarma Member

I had not been on the forums since the middle of last week. My daughter called me tonight and told me we had to register all over. I agree with everyone...it is going to take a while to get use to the new style...oh well...

10. xZx

xZx Member

hmm i dont like the background, its too clinical, reminds me of the dentist:(

it will be better if it gets prettified like the old ones lol:rolleyes:

11. Pobble

Pobble Member

the background on the old one was nice

12. SamuraiSeahorse

SamuraiSeahorse Member

yea i miss the pretty background..........it seems all cold and calculated now....a replica of every other internet forum format I visit..........

It was different before and ionteresting looking

13. xZx

xZx Member

Oh well maybe it will be made pretty again, and i spose its the people who come here that are really important anyway:)

14. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

Chill...

I know that this site is different, but why does it really matter if the format is changed around, its still the same people sharing the same ideas.

Then again its not, when I first started posting here it was amazing.
    A lot of the old people are gone, not that I'm against new members, but there are just way to many 14 year olds making threads called "Gee Led Zeplin rocks!"

That's just my opinion.

15. thespeez

thespeez Member

I have to agree with the sentiment that the old style forums were better! The old format was much easier to 'navigate,' if you catch my drift.

16. torz

torz Member

mmmm, change, i'm not one for dealing with change, dont know why! but at the end of the day i learn to deal with it and once i've learnt how to use the changed item i come to love it! yeah, i agree the old forum was lots easier to use & the format it was presented was better but i'm sure once i learn how to use these new forums they will be a whole lot better.

i know with the last forums there were quite a few problems & alot of thing that i couldnt learn how to use on the forums. & i'm sure that they wouldnt have changed the forums just for the sake, they are trying to make it better for us all to be able to enjoy it more etc. as long as i can still talk to the same like minded people, meet & get to know more fantastic people, express my opinions & have one hell of a laugh.

one thing that i do love about the new style forum is that all previous posts are listed when i scrolle down where as the old forum didnt. it makes it a whole lot easier to post as it was quite hard for me to remember what everyone had posted in the old forum now all i have to do is scrolle man!:)

17. MushroomDreams

MushroomDreams Senior Member

Although some of the improvements are Nice I liked the ease of having all of the forums on one page. :eek:

It was easier to find the Old Hippies

18. TotallyHip

TotallyHip Member

Count me in! I feel the same way too.[​IMG]

I liked the old forums too but the new forums looks cool. It will take some time for some "getting accustomed to". I'm sure we'll enjoy the new forums as much as we did the old one.

After they accidentally deleted the old forums, I guess Skip had to do something drastic and he succeeded by bringing us the new forums.

I had to re-register all over again. No complaints at all from me! [​IMG]

19. LotusIndia

LotusIndia Member

I like some of the features here, but I don't like the new limitations on PMs, and I don't like the new backgrounds. Am glad one of the old backgrounds have been returned to us, but I'd like them all back.

Namaste,

Lotus

20. RxHEAD

RxHEAD Member

I dont mind it being new, only I can't figure out how to reply. I don't know what I am doing I have tried for 2 days to figure this out. I finally after like 10 months was figuring the old one out. No clue if this will ever be seen.