Making your own ale or wine for ritual work

Discussion in 'Paganism' started by cerridwen, Jan 19, 2006.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Just wanted to share a couple of EXTRODINARILY easy recipes for making your own wine or beer for ritual.

My husband makes his own beer, so I borrow his equipment, and I like the India Pale Ale beer best, so I make a 23 litre batch of that, and (since I always brew my stuff in the autumn) I add 7-8 litres of freshly pressed apple juice from the trees in my yard. It ferments and when ready I bottle it 2 weeks later. It's so good, and one of those few beers that can age and will taste awesome a few months later.

My white wine (I prefer white over read) is made in separate wine making equipment (if you use same equip, you'll get beer that tastes like wine and vice versa). 20 litres of apple juice (fresh) + one camden tablet, 1 litre organic honey, 2-3 litres pear juice (fresh) and one packet of yeast. A month later it's stabalized, filtered and bottled. My red wine is 20 litres cherry juice (fresh), 1 litre organic honey, 2-3 litres black current juice (fresh) and processed the same way.

Always a big hit at dinner parties too!

2. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

In all of hip forums THIS is the only place I find a reference for wine making!?!?!?!?!

Orison, Deidre and Running Horse like this.
  3. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I might have to try your red wine recipe. :)

What kind of ritual work do you use this for? I’ve been reading about Pagan beliefs and some of the ideas are pretty cool to me.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018