Making trips more meaningful

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by lyleleno, Jun 8, 2013.

1. lyleleno

lyleleno Member

Hello all,

I'm a pretty experienced user of a broad range of psychedelics - shrooms, acid, sub-breakthrough doses of DMT, 5-MeO-MiPT, 4-HO-DiPT, and 25i-nBOME - and I always find, pretty much no matter the scenario, I don't really get much deep introspective thought or any kind of unraveling of unsolved problems in my life. I've done relatively high doses of every drug listed except DMT, because I want to either wait for death to go all the way or bring it on slowly through ayahuasca. Though I've never had ego death, I have some vicarious understanding of what it does through trip reports and the like.

Anyway, whenever I trip, I get to this happy, goofy state of euphoria and laughter - things just seem to flow together in a funny way. But I've really never had an experience that has made a serious lasting impact on my life like I keep reading about. So my question is, is there anything I can do to mentally or physically prepare myself to have a deep introspective trip? Terence McKenna always said to just take more if you haven't 'been there' yet, but I keep thinking there must be something you can do beforehand to increase the likeliness of a meaningful trip.

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Well that can be interpretted in many ways...

Perhaps you are already firmly psychologically grounded and not at a place where mind altering drugs offer much growth for you, therefore Psychedelics may not come off as meaningful to you as others. I've had friends that were not as moved by visionary and ecstatic experiences as myself. If you mostly trip in the presence of others, then you may want to try solo trips. Choose a quiet setting free of distractions, the Mckenna heroic dose is a large dose, in isolated, quiet, Darkness. I pretty much require music at some point when I trip but I find that formula consistently produces meaningful trips.

I think it's interesting that you presume ego death Mimics actual death... That's kind of going out on a limb but at any rate, I think a DMT breakthrough dose is worth having. Also, since it's a recent trip for me... 50 mgs 4-ho-Dipt was a really profound trip for me, with not much goofyness to it.

3. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

You know when you wish hard for something or become fixated on it, it's harder to see? That could be part of it...
    Not every set of variables turns into a "heavy trip", nor is a waste of time if it didn't. I'd would say that just because you didn't get hit over the head, doesn't mean that seeds weren't planted and watered in your mind.
    If you feel there is something you're missing, try GB's suggestion. You're past the point where a sitter is wise. Try a nice medium (not heroic) dose alone, close your eyes with your favorite music as you're coming up.
    Drop the pressure you're putting on yourself to have an "enlightening" trip, and follow the trail your trip brings you, i try to let my "set" determine the trip during, see if you can let your trip point you. Most trips that I take for reflection, I attempt to follow, not lead, the trip. When it's just recreational, I take lower doses and try to "tell my trip" where we're going. For me that keeps it light and fun. Generally.
    Often I've found, I don't have deep insights until circumstances are such that i'm ready for it. Dont ask me how but it's happened to me more than I can count.
    Last opinion about McKenna... he was a fascinating dude for sure, however i disagree with his common advice to do moar. I find him and most of his experience fascinating, but that one famous recommendation is a reckless one imo. Very few people can safely trip like that dude did. On the other hand, some of his theories are farther out there than Leary.

http://archive.org/details/TerenceMckennaWithArtBell

Relax is all I could add... things happen when you're ready. :)

4. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

This sounds almost entirely like a dosage issue. You haven't experienced ego death despite all these psychedelic takings, and they only ever make you goofy and giggly . . . trust me just increase dose. in terms of set/setting do it solo, at home, in nature, have a notebook, or with a very close friend.

5. lyleleno

lyleleno Member

Thanks for all the advice, friends. I currently have 3 hits of some incredibly strong blotter - at least 200ug each! - and I feel as though it is probably time to take the plunge and eat them all. Since I'm home from college and living with my parents, I believe I will find a spot in the woods to pitch a tent overnight, bringing fruit and an iPod with nice headphones. Maybe some incense.

It is true that I'm pretty happy with my mental state right now, but that doesn't stop me from being curious about what a truly high dose while alone could bring. I'll bring along some Xanax just in case I really need to abort the trip and pass out, but will most likely not need it since I've definitely had experience with fairly high doses, just not quite this strong and definitely not in this setting.

And yes, I almost always trip with at least one friend if not more.

Also, while I'm certainly curious about where this could take me, you couldn't call me obsessed or self-pressured to do it, as I've been enjoying life as-is even without a divine enlightenment or anything like that. Guerilla, don't know how you thought I thought ego death mimics actual death >_> haha.

6. DrummingJoey

DrummingJoey Member

You can get a very intense experience with a lower dose if you are alone. If you have never tripped alone, I would recommend it. Not on 3 super strong blotters, but maybe on like 1-1 1/2.

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I was and still am not understanding what you meant here...

I would suggest not bringing Xanax or a drug to attempt to abort the trip. Many times deep introspective thinking and unraveling unresolved problems in particular, arise from facing difficult or overwhelming psychological material brought on by the trip. If you are certain that what you have is LSD, then you should know it's a very safe drug physically.

I'd say take all 3 hits but that's because I'm a skeptic on purported doses, but 400 ugs would certainly be a full strength psychedelic dose.

8. lyleleno

lyleleno Member

Ohhhhh I thought you meant the part about ego death, not smoking DMT. Haha

Well thanks for all the tips evveryone, I will update this thread on the day I decide to do it and tell y'all how it went afterward. Good night!