Making friends during isolation

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by jokersex69, Mar 23, 2020.

1. jokersex69

jokersex69 Member

Hey my name is Joey. I thought I'd post what I'm going through and maybe get some advice.
    Well with all of this virus pandemic, everyone is social distancing. It doesn't help that I already feel alone. I've turned to drugs for over 14 years and am tired of it. Really messes with my physical, mental and spiritual health.
    I really enjoy reading about spiritual rebirth. Stuff about auras, chakras and intuition.
    Any ideas how to break a cycle of loneliness and make new friends? I think life is about love haha I'm not really good at social media, but it seems like the only way to connect to people

tumbling.dice likes this.
  2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Trust Me........Until This "Virus Mess" Finally Subsides Your Only "Safe Social Contact" Is Going

To Be With Your "Right Hand"..... :p ....But Make Sure You Wash It Well First....... :D

Cheers Glen.

wilsjane and Running Horse like this.
  3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, this is a worthy cause, but terrible timing. social media might be your only real option for a little while now.

4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

And afterwards. :yum::yum::yum:

GLENGLEN likes this.
  5. Nebulous

Nebulous Carpe diem

There’s always online friends like here at this forum... but if you want real human interaction in the real world, maybe take a part time job in a grocery store. They’re all hiring and they’re the only place open right now.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Personally this is the best time to get into shape, eat healthy and start to manicure your life the way you want to.

Walk out of home after your isolation with a new outlook on life, a new body and a new confident attitude. :)

I feel like people are just going to waste their time away with boredom. Which is all good whatever, but when you literally have no excuse for a few weeks to correct some wrongs and you couldn't be arsed, no pity here.

Aerianne and mysticblu21 like this.
  7. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I've had some of the same problems as you. My drug of choice is alcohol and it is very isolating.

Do you live in an urban area? If so I'm sure you can find a group of recovering addicts to get together with...just Google it. Same with new age stuff. This may sound kind odd but try a Unitarian church. Lots of different beliefs there.

I should also add that you may have underlying mental health issues. Don't neglect to talk to a professional. I did and it has made all the difference.

HF is a good place to socialize online. FB sux imo.

It's up to you to come out of your shell and like everything else, it takes practice. Just don't take yourself too seriously. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2020
    Aerianne and mysticblu21 like this.
  8. jokersex69

jokersex69 Member

I found some na groups online during this crisis.
    I really miss going to bars and concerts. Hopefully by may things will open up.
    I always wanted to start a hippie house

9. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

God Glen.

If I had a Fiver for every time my hand was my best friend like that, I would be a worth a Kings ransom now! ! :laughing:

10. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

My problem is loosing some friends cause of their opinion its no big deal and ignore the warnings. Stay away and don't touch nasty stuff all they stuff they suggest we do.

2 friends don't seem to try and it pisses me off.

I did some drinking and it doesn't help, hurt like hell actually still feel awful. Be different this time ! Same awful results.

11. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Adopt a pet, too.

Nadia Ramsey likes this.