Making a stem...

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Twizz, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

Hey I was just wondering how I can make a good stem... Any help would be greatly appreciated, and every idea will be considered (and probably tried).

2. dangermoose

dangermoose Is a daddy

wind will make it resilient, you also don't want the lights too far away from teh plant otherwise it will continue to stretch upwards to reach the light and wont grow out at the sides at all and may topple under its own weight....tying a stem can ensure it wont break either.

3. nesta

nesta Banned

plant a seed? i dunno...its really not your place to make stems....thats sort of up to the divine...

4. nesta

nesta Banned

heh, i think he's talking about a pipe stem, actually

5. jakesanders

jakesanders Senior Member

6. nesta

nesta Banned

thats an awful idea. the metal tip gets VERY hot, and you end up smoking plastic if you use the pen tube for a pipe stem.....what i would suggest using if you're making a bong in this manner is to use a cut segment of old hollow collapsable television antenna. thats what i always used, and it worked like a charm. i might also suggest getting a second peice and bending it to make a shape sort of like a "7"....then get a mason jar and poke two holes in it. in one put a long segment of antenna and in the other just barely let it poke through the top, and have the bend in it so that it brings the tube past the lip of the jar at an angle. hot glue these in place, making sure you have plenty of length of tube above the glue on the stem, otherwise the tube will heat up and melt the glue. you can now take the metal tip of a pen or the top of a small brass cone insence burner (the kind with a small hole in the top) and turn it upside down and just let it rest in the top of the tube. they don't hold much, so i suggest having several on hand, along with a pair of pliers or something. smoke one bowl, take it off to cool, put in a fresh one, smoke it, move on, and so on till you're stoned. this thing works just about as well as any commercially manufactured pipe, it just looks ugly as sin. but its about one of the best types of homemade pipes that just about anyone can make.

i've heard of people smoking out of an apple or pear or something, but i can't imagine it working well what with the moisture. plus it would ruin a perfectly good peice of food.

i used to use the type of antenna-stemmed bongs and variations on it very regularly. the small bowl pack allows you to minimize the odor and allows you to conserve weed the way a one-hitter usually does. i used, instead of a mason jar, one of those giant ovaltine jars. that used to kick my ass on a regular basis back in the day...

7. omnip0d

omnip0d Member

ruin a good piece of food?! in my opinion the resin makes it taste better! haha.

8. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

Haha, that sounds as if it could be added to the "You might be a pothead when..." thread... Put it in as

1. You might be a pothead when you eat your pipe after a session

9. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i dont understand why people dont use hose in america. everyone uses is over here. everyones got a hose!!! cut a section of hose and use it.

the hose im using at the moment melts easier than the good hose, so i just put an insulating layer of paper between the metal bowl and the hose.
    but normally the hose doesnt even heat up much

10. jakesanders

the rubber/plasticish pen tube does not burn, and the only problem with the hot pen tip is the fact that u cant take it out to refill it, you just leave it in.

11. dangermoose

dangermoose Is a daddy

oh, yes, right, pipe stem....gotcha. yea, home hardware is a good place to start...

12. adoutsider

adoutsider Member

ya there are so many things that work nice, but i like that antennae idea, cause then antennae can be pushed in so its smaller, if you found a nice small jar you could make like a mini-portable bong.

13. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Check out the plumbing section, there's all kinds of tubes and stuff. I read somewhere about a toilet piece, i think the arm that holds the floater in the tank...that makes a good stem. Make sure to get one that hasn't been used...

14. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

GARDEN HOSE!!!!!

im really getting sick and tired of the fact that on jmy whole time at these forums, ive never heard anyone suggest normal, every day, garden hose that every fkn house has, costs absolutely nothing, allows good air flow, lots fo space for resin to fill up if you want it, and not only that but theres garden hose EVERYWHERE

totally free bong = bottle, hose, alfoil

its so simple it makes me want to cry when people keep talking about using all these obscure, asymetrical, functional, or costworthy components.

hose is everywhere, hose is free, and hose is a good size for supporting a bowl.

15. dangermoose

dangermoose Is a daddy

garden hoses have too wide of an inner diameter to use effectively, they may work but there are plenty of things that work better, and aluminum foil is a terrible thing to use as a bowl unless you like cancer and filling you body with toxins. aluminum foil is meant for 500 degrees farenheit use, not 1000 + degrees celcius use that your flame emits from a lighter.

16. jojoeyes

jojoeyes kinda high

i always hear shit about how aluminum foil is bad for u. i smoke through it and i havent hacked a lung yet...

17. dangermoose

dangermoose Is a daddy

thats because your 16 and prolbably havent been smoking for very long. everyone says smoking ciggarettes is bad for you but my buddy colin hasnt hacked a lung yet though he's been smoking for 6 years now. does that mean that he should continue to smoke cigs?
    -edit

don't get me wrong, if you wanna be a retard, hey, im all for filtering out the retards in the gene pool, but its always nice to warn someone else that its retarded before trying to recruit them to your cause

18. jojoeyes

jojoeyes kinda high

psh i've just started. but is the foil really that bad for u? i should start a poll about this..

19. jakesanders

yes it is. when it burns it creates harmful chemicals and such... stick with glass/all metal...

20. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

actually, theres no evidence that smoking with foil every now and then is bed. however people often miss a very important factor with using aluminium as a bowl which is that when you use it for a bit, it quickly builds up a layer of resin over the aluminium, and this layer can form an actual shell over the aluminium which prevents it from being a factor in teh smoke.

anyway, aluminium was mentioned because its free.

and i dont understand what you mean by a too wide inner diameter, how does the bongs function? ive used small down pipes and theyre onnly better because theyre smaller so teh bong is subsequently smaller. however the wide hose means theres no obstraction for teh smoke. everone uses hose over here. a piece of hose is a cultural symbol. yet no one ever mentions it here