Make Way For The New Woodstock Revolution!

Discussion in 'Protest' started by WoodstockChild, May 11, 2006.

1. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

i diddnt say that. and not all modern bands suck. look at the Arctic Monkeys, White Stripes, Modest Mouse, and Rage Against the Machine.

im just saying a new movement is good. originality is good. but a rehash of something that happened isnt as respectable

2. WoodstockChild

WoodstockChild Intrepid Traveler!

nah I was referring to how everyone only hears my singing voice not my lyrics.

3. nextGENERATIONhippie

nextGENERATIONhippie Member

I acually did listen to your lyrics and loved the lyrics to "Peace Takes Courage Too". It is a beatiful song with beatiful lyrics, sung in a beatiful voice.

4. SariaMew456

SariaMew456 Member

I'm sorry, but that's rude. You can think whatever you want, but you're not obligated to say it.

Nothing personal. :)

By the way, I don't know if I posted in this topic yet, but I want to tell y'all: RIGHT ON! And don't worry if it seems like a crazy dream, because everything starts as somebody's crazy dream. That's the way it's done. :)

5. nodirectionhome

nodirectionhome Member

And you're a misogynistic jackass who wouldn't know good music if it blasted right into his ears. But I think I get it - when you keep your mind so closed, it's hard to hear the music. And she's a "grubby little fake hippie?" Are you kidding? Who died and made you king of the hippies?

By the way, if you're so offended by anti-military sentiments, you're probably in the wrong place, brother. Guess what? Soldiers kill people; sometimes those people are babies.

6. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

Um, what happened to the posts? Maybe I should have payed more attention...

Peace and love

7. mr.morrison

dont be ignorant. the vast majority of soldiers are not blood thirsty baby killers. just because maybe a couple of them did horrible things, does not give some jerk off kid the right to lump them all into the same category.

my grandfather and teacher were both in vietnam, neither were bad people who killed children. but both were spat upon and called baby killers. my grandfather never even shot an adult, let alone kids.

dont get the wrong impression of me. i hate war and am 100% against the current fiasco. i am against military policing of the war and the unjust taking of our rights. but the difference between you and me, is im not an ignorant, immature sheep following what you think a hippy should, not what you as an individual should

8. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

Hey woodstock child. Are you still planning on following through with this? I'll play with you. Bass or rhythm guitar. Or whatever you need.

9. nodirectionhome

nodirectionhome Member

Yes, calling soldiers "baby-killers" is ridiculous. I realise this. All i'm trying to say is that soldiers SOMETIMES do kill babies, and that anyone who hates hearing people question the intentions of the military is in the wrong place.

(Also, i think it's "ignorant" to assume that i'm an "ignorant, immature sheep" just because i happen to agree that soldiers are not always good people.)

10. rainbowedskylover

rainbowedskylover Senior Member

i think all people in this thread (or mabey even the entire forum) shoulda look up the freetekno movement at wikipedia, it's the most recent and closest hippie movement revival by a totally new generation i have come across so far. look up shockraver at google too BTW

peace

11. mr.morrison

See you diddnt just say soldiers arent always good people, otherwise i would have agreed with you. you went a step further and claimed they were ALL bad people. i realize babies are sometimes victims in war which is why im against MOST war. i dont hate hearing the military questioned. read my posts in this thread, there are alot, and youll see im quite the opposite. you assumed me to be a conservative prick just as i assumed you to be a sheep.

12. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

You can keep on Assuming...but let's get back on track...

Woodstock...how's life? What are your current plans?

This question is for her, not any of her 'representitives' :)

13. nodirectionhome

nodirectionhome Member

I apoligize if I ever made any assumptions about you. However, I feel that you have misinterpreted me again. I never said that soldiers are ALL bad people. Allow me to quote myself (even though I feel like an idiot for doing so):
    Note the absence of the word "all" and the use of the word "sometimes." I never said anything about whether or not soldiers are good or bad. And yes, I did say that "Soldiers kill people." That's because they do, and that is a fact that is completely unrelated to any beliefs that I may or may not have about soldiers.

14. Soze

Soze Member

Golly, whoever are you referring to? :H

15. Celtic Hippie

Celtic Hippie Member

Right on whith the idea!
    Peace

16. sophie20

sophie20 Member

I think that is a great idea. Why waiting until you finish high school ?The sooner the better right? I liked your lyrics. You need to think about where, when, how are you could do the concert. One step at a time but it is not but to brainstorm some ideas. You have my support. If I can help just tell me!

17. OpticNurv

OpticNurv Member

everyone who wants to be a part of the active revolution, join the link in my sig.

if you arent computer oriented, take the word to the streets, tell the people,

The Youth International Party is back!

18. sophie20

sophie20 Member

What is this new youth international party about ? You have mentioned it many times but I dont know still which ideals it has. Could u give us more inf please ? ( i tried to open this web page but i couldnt)
    One more question can I join your party if i am not in the United States?

19. OpticNurv

OpticNurv Member

the Youth International party, devoted to bright shiny colors, happiness, and crazy political mischief to end the war in the middle east:

to sum it up; its anarchy without violence (dont let me lose you with the anarchy bit)

it's about being passive and waking the people of the world to band together and end this war & be happy in the mean time.

yes you can join even though you're not in the U.S.
    i encourage you to start your own chapter where you live, spread the peace to everyone you can.

the peace train is coming, and the war in the middle east is bound and gagged on the tracks.

20. peacenikchick

peacenikchick Member

Ahhh yes I feel exactly the way you do. Maybe we can join forces!