Make Way For The New Woodstock Revolution!

Discussion in 'Protest' started by WoodstockChild, May 11, 2006.

1. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

yea yea sure we didd such a great job
    you really think we're kickin mother natures ass while we cant kick a single cell organisms ass? the more we attack nature the harder she fights back
    all the while we weaken ourselves as a species
    we are not kicking animals asses at all we're only kicking our own
    & when we're all dead & gone what will we be but a feast for those we deem the lowliest?
    why do we assume ourselves the top of a sfood chain? a food chain which is circular with notop or bottom?
    we are only worm food with masssive egos
    & in some cases equal ignorance

2. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

There is no new Woodstock generation, especially if it's headed by Woodstock chld. The only thing the new generation can do constructively is fight to end war in the world. Buying new light bulbs or promising songs for the revolution isn't going to cut it. Watching Gore's film isn't going to end "global warming"(If it truly exists.). Only you can make a difference and it's not going to be at rock concert.

3. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

"Only you can make a difference and it's not going to be at rock concert."

Good point. If people truly wanted to change the world they would work there ass of and become politicians and change the world from within. Take all the kids we have seen here who say they want to change things, lead a revolution of the mind, & be the lead singer of a rock band...and motivate them to bust almighty ass in school and make it up as high as they can in government. Now you have say 50 kids that will make a difference. Unfortunately, what we have is a few drop outs, a few headed for communes, a few living with the folks and playing music, and the rest on the road. What difference will any of them make in the grand scheme of things? This society, this country, this world, is too far gone. It will not be changed by hippies, at least not in the traditional sense of the word. But take my 50 little mini-politicians and multiply that into a massive movement and in 10-20 years we are there...

4. WoodstockChild

WoodstockChild Intrepid Traveler!

This thread isn't about arguing.
    It's about peace.
    Please, guys?

5. 0817

0817 Member

You have a good point. However, how do you suggest that these people get a hold of political positions?

6. 1968_hippie

1968_hippie Member

yeah man i totally agree with you!Bring Woodstock back for another generation and yes john would be proud brother!

7. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

i totaly disagree
    breed 50 young poloticians whostuck it out through school & did everything just the way theyre "suposed to" & what do we got but just another 50 poloticians? thats the last thing in theworld we need
    we need people, people with heart & drive & the passion to try
    people who will live outside of theconventional norm & by theyre example show a better way
    your suggesting that theanswer to a power hungry government is more power hungry people grabbing for more power just to push theyre personal agendas?

woosstock may havebeen nieve thinking shed play a rock concert & the system would crumble, but since youve never heard her sing or felt the passion in her voice, you wouldnt know howher songs might change some minds

on the larger subject
    no government no city state or country has the power to impact likeeach & every one of you..
    and its thesimplest acts of kindness within your community that really havethebiggest effects
    thepeople youve put down, the dropouts & the ones on communes or just traveling spreading theyre light aredoing what they need to do to build a better tomorow ..on the scale that they are able to
    if you took every single briliant beautiful one of them, stifled theyre creativity, muffled theyre passionate voices, disguise theyre vibrant personalities & made them clones of everyoneelse, & shovethem into political posisstions, even at the highest level, what would they ever get done? not a damn thing thatswhat
    why? because the system pumps out 1000 clones for every 1 who comesthrough with even a spark of individuality intact
    you'll have your 50 poloticians, shadows of theyretrue selves, but perhaps a few retain opinions other then the norm... but what will it matter if they cant get a thing done?
    the keys to change havenever been in the political arena but in the minds of the people
    you change 1 mind & youveaccomplished something..change 100 & youve done something great

music hasthe power to change thousands if its powerful and has a message..
    woodstock singswith such passion and her messageso pure & simple
    will shechangetheworld through her music? i dunno, its possible though..
    but what i am sure of is, shewill change some people..and thats all shehas to do

trying to change the system by becomming a part of it is like trying to start a fire by covering yourself with sticks & using your clothes as kindling
    when the system shuts down doyou want to go down with it? or doyou want to be with the ones rebuilding a better society?
    abandoning a crumbling system renders it obsolete & useless
    while joining a system in decay only adds toits stagnation

8. WoodstockChild

Oh Soaring Eagle :)
    Yay :)

9. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

I'm sorry that you think that 50 hippie politicians is the last thing this country needs. I have a little more faith in hippies, perhaps. I don't see how living outside the norm 'shows people a better way'. People in Babylon don't even know you exist, save for the occasional media story about some hippy or another being arrested. Your method is not working.

So you feel the system will crumble in your life time? And from that point on we will be 'system free'?

BTW - I think Woodstock should do whatever she wants to with her life. Be a muscician...cool. try to change the world...cool. Just know that you can't do both, as they are full time gigs.

10. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Mr. Mojo Risin' Senior Member

WoodstockChild, congratulations on your radio and festival gigs. It's tough to make it in a business like that so all the best to you with that.

As far as the revolution movement crap goes, LA read my mind and has already said everything I wanted to say.

11. WoodstockChild

myspace.com/woodstockchildlove is my music!

12. jaren420

jaren420 Member

that is a great goal you have. sounds like something ive always wanted to be apart of.

13. The_Man_On_The_Hill

The_Man_On_The_Hill Member

Totally killer sound sister!! I would be there to definitely support the revolution but honestly don't believe that that time in history will ever be repeated :(

~PeAcE & LoVe~

14. Wasteland

Wasteland Member

^Then let's make new time, in the same vein of the 60's.

15. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

why do you all want the same thing as the 60s, why not make something new that we can call our own? be original. 60s came and went, thats that. so why dont we start something new, we have a new and different war. we have new and different issues. the hippie movement failed so why do the same thing again. just makes no logical sense. we are all different people living in a different world than 40 years ago.

by the way, your music is pretty good, and youve got a nice voice

16. recklessrick

recklessrick Member

What do you have to offer?

17. Freekowtski

Freekowtski Member

organising a festival or whatever is not easy to do, you know... there're a lot of things to do, but apart from that, what we need especially is the feelin' that 60's people gathered in those festivals, such a Monterrey, Woodstock, Isle of Wight. now there are more economic criteria than musical. everytime, the bands are worse. also, the companies force bands to play, taking from them a percentage of benefits to amortize their recordings. that's a thing we need to change, we need to destroy this selfish, materialistic shit, and gather all those altruist, free-spirited people. we can create a great thing, but we must be conscious with these matters.

and yeah, we have a different war, we have different issues, but why don't we do somethin' in respect? it seems that people feels comfortable about it... don't you think?

personally, i think the new revolution, proposed by woodstockchild could be very great...

18. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

just anything new. if younger people wanted to start a movement, do something different. i dont know what to offer. im just saying dont you guys wanna be remembered as a generation that did something all its own? no one will remember people who try and do something already been done.

something will happen big soon. the draft is gonna be brought back within the next 5 or 6 years and thatll get people off their asses. but why would you guys all just wanna copy what people already did. be creative and start your own shit. have your own music. sure, it can be influenced by the 60s, but make something new. it just makes no sense try and remake something that failed. be your own individuals.

19. WoodstockChild

I feel like I may need to start singing shitty for people to listen to my lyrics.

20. Freekowtski

Freekowtski Member

please, don't!!