make up

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by xdancingbarefootx, Jun 6, 2004.

1. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

i think im gonna wear makeup today eek.. ive been goin without it for a couple months now.. and well ive been watchin a lot of tv (damn tvs are evil!) and im feelin even more insecure... and plus i miss the feeling of puttin it on.. its like makin art or something

my skin has been so amazing since i stopped wearin makeup i dont think im gonna wear it all the time... cuz it makes me feel like an idiot that i have to cover m yface up cuz im so ugly

2. indigorainhemp

indigorainhemp Member

go for it! Nothing wrong with putting a little color on!

I dab a little powder & lip gloss on and it makes me feel better.
    I hat the cake look ,,, so I keep it down,,alot!
    I always have my gloss in my pocket tho!

3. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

I used to just wear eye make up and id do loads of designs round my eyes, no i dont wear make up often, i like touching faces too much, if i wear make up, it gets smudged.

But when i go raving i wear eye makeup and uv paint around my eyes and do patterns down my face :) Make up can be an art definatly :)

4. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

i only wear it once a week,. but its not alot, only a little mascara and eyeshadow. thats about it.

5. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

yeah color.. like body paint or some shit.. but makeup.. eh.. i feel like im letting myself down i wish they would stop making make up

6. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

Greaaaaaaaaaaaat Theres No Fucking Point In Makeup Now Is There
    My Boyfriend Is A Big Asshole I Cant B Elieve I Put On A Damn Skirt For That Prick Gooodd Im Never Wearing A Skirt Again Im Gonna Burn Them Allllll I Want To Fucking Kill Someone So Hopefully My Boyfriend Will Come Back I Have A Couple Knives Id Like To Use On Him

7. PuZuZu

PuZuZu Member

^^^^^ woah whats wrong...?

i wear basic black eyeliner, glossy eyeshadow, 4 layers of skin creams (not foundation, UV protection and shading help/cleansing) and mascara if i find it. also always try to have lipstick or gloss on. i can't live without makeup sometimes.

8. Lizz

Lizz Member

Well, I don't wear make up, partly because I don't see the point and partly because alot of it is tested on animals or contains animal products and i don't have the money or time to find something that's not, but I have absolutely no problem with people who do wear it. Each to his own, I guess.

9. Bohemian_Child

Bohemian_Child Member

ive got to agree with lizz. i have cruelty free makeup i wear at work, just because it helps to look nice there. most of the time i just wear an spf lotion on my face (which is hard to find one with no lanolin or animal testing, let me tell you) but other then that sometimes i wear a tiny bit of eyeliner and or mascara. i also like glitter when i go to shows or fests o something, its pretty and fun... its just a MESS. haha. but as i said, most of the time i just wash my face, put on some lotion (i burn SO easily) and go out. ive come to the basic realization that i look like what i look like. if someone doesnt like me for it then why bother putting on my face for them. plus i dont like the idea that i need to makeup my face to feel good about myself, which ive found when i wear makeup too much i feel.

i dont need makeup, im fine like this. love my face or leave it :) haha

lizz- not sure what you have around you but both at all the natural food stores around me and the local wegman's supermarket (which has a decent natural/organic section) there is an aisle of makeup and such that is cruelty free if you were interested in it. not sure if thats why you dont wear makeup or you just dont wear it in general.
    if anyone is interested in cruelty free makeup, though, since it was brought up:http://www.tribe.net/tribe/servlet/...&tribeid=83c9658b-f680-4fc9-ba71-c1afe1d419c9

and incase the link didnt work:

Here is a pretty good list of cruelty free companies where you can get cosmetics from. My apologies for not having links.

Almay
    Aveda
    Avon
    Bath & Body Works
    The Body Shop
    Bonne Bell
    Clinique
    Desert Essence
    Ecco Bella
    Estee Lauder
    Garden Botanika
    Jason Natural Cosmetics
    Mary Kay
    Merle Norman
    Revlon

(I believe all these companies make cosmetics. My apologies
    again if not all of them do. Hope this helps!)

10. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

well i dont really hate anyone who wears makeup.. i just dont see why anyone does.... yeah you wanna look nice? but.. um... you do.. people are beautiful (except me) nobody needs makeup... im glad i didnt wear any today

11. mick_jagger_is_so_hi

mick_jagger_is_so_hi Member

I wear foundation, eye liner, eye shadow, mascara and lip gloss. I love make up, its so much fun. :)

12. A Clockwork Orange*

A Clockwork Orange* Member

I love make up to, I have dark eye make-up which I can't leave the house without, or I feel wierd.. The only downside is that people say I look like Avril Lavigne, and the dark eye make-up doesn't help.. eurgh :mad:

13. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

well your not going to die if you leave the house without make up.. you dont need makeup at all so dont listen to people who tell you you need it

dont listen to the stupid tv telling ya that makeup makes you look better or pretty or any of that bullshit cuz its all a big lie you look beautiful just how yo u are ... you dont need make up

14. PuZuZu

PuZuZu Member

i think its bullshit when people tell me i DON'T need makeup, its an art (eyeliner mainly) that i enjoy sporting on my face. hehe.

15. MaryJeanne

MaryJeanne Member

i really dont like makeup... even though i consider myself an artist... i think i suck at putting makeup on... just never was my thing. if i ever where it, it usually is clear or natural stuff
    but hey.. whatever floats your boat
    peace and love

16. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

yeah, makeup is fun.
    i wear mascara and a little green eyeliner every day - otherwise my eyes disappear. I know it's not a major thing, but I prefer the way I look with it on, so why not?

17. mick_jagger_is_so_hi

mick_jagger_is_so_hi Member

Exactly!!
    Some people just ENJOY wearing make up it doesnt mean they are unconfident or that they are being brainwashed by the media!!

18. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

my opinion on makeup is

that

people should wear it if they want, but i dont think they should think that they NEED it to be pretty, cause you dont, and i dont think people should just cause makeup makes your "cool" i mean.. really... but if you want to makeup do, dont wear it unless YOU personally want to, dont let others make you..

19. 0nomat0poeia

0nomat0poeia Member

that's exactly how it see this topic, too. when i was younger i didn't wear any b/c i didn't want to conform to all the made-up skinny "beauties" at the all girls school i was going to. their attitude that everyone HAS to be made up, tanned etc just disgusted me and whenever i hear people talking like that again it disgusts me more and more. :eek:
    NO ONE HAS to wear make up, to shave, to wear a bra or whatever all the topics to fight about are, but if someone has decided to do one or all of the above because she wants ist and likes it it's all perfectly okay. if someone don't its really okay also.
    everyone should do how he or she wants to do - unless it hurts someone.
    if you are forced to make youself up (peer pressure and the media) it hurts you. but if you do it only for yourself and your soul, it's good.

:)

20. A Clockwork Orange*

A Clockwork Orange* Member

Yeah but it can help.. :)