Majority of People would allow warrent-less spying anyways

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AmericanTerrorist, Jun 11, 2013.

1. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

So, on the other spying thread I was talking about how Obama is such a liar ... there was a statement from him today (after he defended the NSA's program) saying that if the country has a conversation about the NSA's program(s) and wants changes to surveillance then that would be okay and things could be changed...

My original thought was just "liar"....

However, then I got to thinking about how the MAJORITY of people are okay with spying without warrants. So, basically nobody but a minority even cares so if people don't even care about privacy and say the gov. can do whatever it wants to keep us "safe"...

I guess... people are just willing to give up everything and it's already over. If it's what people want- fuck them then.

2. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

it just proves that the masses are sheep and have been conditioned to accept this. The terrorist have already won.

3. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yes, they are sheep. Yes, they have been conditioned to accept this (and demand more "protection") and yes, the real terrorists have already won.
    However, that's because the mindless masses chose to allow themselves to be controlled and brainwashed and have allowed fear take over. (therefore it's their/our own faults)

4. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

That's because most people think that the spies would die of boredom looking at their lives.

5. laughing-buddha

laughing-buddha Relax and have fun

No.

Here I would intervene and support these masses.

They are the people, who are busy in their own work-feeding families and children.

These are the people who know they are responsible. They shape their children and future generations.

It is the inconvenience, which they tolerate for the sake of stability.
    They are not blind our helpless.

6. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

No, they are not blind but yes, they are asleep. And if they wake up into a world they no longer recognize I'm just saying they made their bed and laid down into it AND hit the snooze button and re-set the alarm quite a few times... (a choice)---- so therefore, should not act stunned when they do wake up and don't know what they are seeing.

7. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Funny they didn't "poll" me about this. How about you guys?

8. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

^^^ Just what I was actually just thinking couple mins ago. How do they know what most people think? So, what gallup of all places (no idea if the poll came from gallup but most seem to) polls 700 people and that's that I suppose.

9. Lodog

Lodog ¿

You need to sacrifice freedom so you can have freedom. That's the clearest example of Doublespeak.

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

^^^ This!

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

They know better than to poll me, I never give them the answer that they want.

12. odonII

odonII O

I've come to think it is very difficult to find activity that is relevant.
    The spectrum of prism intrusion doesn't bother me at all.
    Yahoo. Google. Facebook. Email. Etc. Not concerned.
    My (internet account) bank. My paypal account. My medical records. Very concerned.
    But wiretaps are different. They are specific. It wouldn't be as if they had to deal with millions of cases.

The difficulty of finding worthwhile information.

[​IMG]

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

on the other paw, i sort of think most people would prefer to have been informed and have a voice in whether or not to allow it.

14. odonII

odonII O

Most of the polls I have seen are split fairly evenly on the issue. Sometimes slightly more approve. Sometimes slightly disapprove. If you are not informed about the issue by now, it is unlikely you ever will. So, what do you do when most of the time it's more or less 50/50?

e.g:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-terrorist-suspects-but-what-about-everybody/

Some people apposed to this want 100% of the adult population asked, which is unrealistic, imho.

15. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

People are Stoopid.

16. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

It's not about that. It's about the government having powers which they have never had before, which they shouldn't have. Where does it end?

17. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

What government? You mean that Corporation which calls itself the government?

18. odonII

odonII O

It's not about what?

19. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Like all witch-hunts it will eventually burn itself out when men of good character suddenly become the target of the investigation :2thumbsup:

Hotwater

20. odonII

odonII O

Like I've said: The spectrum of prism intrusion doesn't bother me at all.

As far as I am aware, they are not trawling through my bank account, my medical records and other more sensitive information.
    I don't squint my eyes and think: I bet they are looking at all of that, too.
    Personally speaking, they can read my entire Facebook timeline and private messages if they like.
    They can log as much of my metadata as they like.
    I do realise not everybody wants this to happen to them.
    I know all of the derogatory comments that can be made toward myself.
    I don't mind. It's my metadata - not anybody else's.
    If any of the above changes then it will bother me.
    The reason It does not bother me is because I have realised it is difficult to find relevant data - so it is necessary, imho.

Where will all end? Well, I imagine people - such as yourself - believe it has ended already.