Major League Baseball

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Granite69, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Granite69

Granite69 Lifetime Member Lifetime Supporter

Really crazy game last night as the Yankees finally broke through for their first win of the year against the Sox. Between the rainless rain delay, the highly questionable umpiring and Alex Verdugo getting hit with a baseball by a fan to the complete disinterest of stadium security, it was a frustrating night to be a Sox fan.

Will be at Fenway next weekend to see the Yankees for my fourth Red Sox game of the year. 2-1 so far in games I’ve attended.

This is my view from the seats we always get.

29BDCFBF-D764-4AC9-A66C-54A1176C767F.jpeg

2. Granite69

Feeling like I may have missed the mark by making this thread way too specific. Mods are more than welcome to change thread title to “Major League Baseball” or something similar.

Anyway, another very entertaining Red Sox - Yankees game last night as the bitter rivals started another four game series … this time at Fenway. Sox were down 3-1 and down to their last out when Kike Hernandez came through with a clutch two run double to send it to extra innings. Boston once again fell behind in the top of the 10th before Yankees pitcher Brooks Kriske tied a single inning major league record with FOUR wild pitches in the bottom of the 10th. Sox walk it off 5-4. Woohoo.

https://twitter.com/redsox/status/1418426507635081218

Will be in my seats at game three of the series this time tomorrow. :D

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  3. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

You should be able to do that yoUrself Granite.
    - As the creator of the Thread if you go to the top of the page - and 'Thread tools' it allows you to "Edit" the title

Granite69 likes this.
  4. Granite69

Don’t have that option but thanks anyway! :confused:

Go Sox!

Update … all good! Thread title changed. :)

5. Granite69

Seventeen years ago today, Jason Varitek and Alex Rodriguez squared off in what became one of the more memorable bench-clearing brawls in Red Sox - Yankees history. Boston would go on to win its first World Series title in 86 years later that year, historically coming back from a 3 games to none hole against those same Yankees in the ALCS.

2004 Red Sox-Yankees Brawl Still Memorable 10 Years Later (Video) - NESN.com

C1AA4668-384E-4E2E-9263-1FAE03BCA626.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

When the Red Sox won the world series in 04' I was driving through Kenmore square blowing my horn and everyone was going crazy

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    WOLF ANGEL and Granite69 like this.
  7. Granite69

So the Red Sox took three of four games over the Yankees and remain in first place in the AL East with a 61-39 record. :D

The last two games of the series were crazy affairs with the Yankees erasing a dominant pitching performance by Nathan Eovaldi on Saturday with 4 runs in the top of the 8th to steal a 4-3 win (this is the game I attended). But yesterday, the Red Sox returned the favor! After not recording a single hit through seven innings, the Sox rallied for five consecutive hits in the bottom of the eighth, all five of whom scored as the Sox rallied for the 5-4 win. Crazy stuff!

https://twitter.com/jared_carrabis/status/1419389605451808778

Photo at the very end of the game on Saturday taken by yours truly as Boston came up just a tad short in the bottom of the ninth, leaving men on second and third …

0A819250-AC80-4FE6-885F-FD872481704E.jpeg

8. Blazingstars

Blazingstars Members

Good day Guys. Hope y'all have been doing good and well. All the facts y'all have had to say.....are good and interesting. I myself am down here in the Southeast USA and a fan of the Atlanta Braves. I hate how this year and the last couple of years......on Satellite television...they have taken away our games. I no longer see my daily Braves baseball games and I haven't had much an idea how my local team has been doing this year. I myself hope the Braves are doing well this year......can anyone tell me their status and what they think?? Wish y'all's teams best !!!! Thanks...

Granite69 likes this.
  9. hotwater

The Cubs released Jake Arrieta after he told a reporter to take his mask off during press conference

The Cubs brought back former ace Jake Arrieta this season in hopes of rediscovering some of the form that won him the 2015 National League Cy Young Award. Instead, Arrieta has put together some of the worst performances of his career, and his off-the-field remarks haven’t helped his cause either.

[​IMG]

Granite69 likes this.
  10. hotwater

Perfectly timed photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    Granite69 likes this.