Mainstream News/NWO

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by thereaperman44, Sep 7, 2013.

1. thereaperman44

thereaperman44 Member

Just an observation but last nights channel 4 nes opened with the statement "as the G20 closes do we now have a New World Order"
    seems this phrase is becoming more widely used in the mainstream, any thoughts?

2. odonII

odonII O

When was the last time you heard the phrase on 'mainstream news'?

What was the phrase used in reference to?

French/US relations?

3. thereaperman44

thereaperman44 Member

BBC news have used it before, usually after a world summit but prior to yesterday not too recently in the mainstream although RT use it often.
    It was in relation to those countries voting against action in Syria, perhaps forming a New World Order

4. odonII

odonII O

Thanks.

Lol. They love it over there. And 'the mainstream corporate media' (even though they are 'corporate', too)...
    It'd probably make a good drinking game - a drink for every time either one of those two are mentioned on RT.

Oh, I see. I'm not sure about 'voting'...
    Do you mean, essentially, BRIC?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8620178.stm
    http://rt.com/news/g20-against-syria-strike-527/

I'm not sure all of those are apposed to military action, per se.
    I think they are apposed with out the UN.

5. thereaperman44

thereaperman44 Member

I think your right, although Italy igned both sides of the agreement (history....)
    I like the NWO drinking game idea, should copyright that. i dont drink these days so i'd have to find a substitute, like, praying against the NWO everytime it's mentioned
    Glad im not the only one hearing the phrases, without being pointed to them first

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

They rub it in our faces, because a New World Order is what is slowly emerging out of big global meetings like this.

7. odonII

odonII O

In this case, the C4 definition probably isn't the same definition you would use.
    It's probably a little over-statement on their part.
    There is already a strong alliance between the majority of countries that have put themselves on one side of the debate (BRIC) - so, it's more likely they are to have more of a reason to join together than others.
    I don't see this as a monumental paradigm shift (or NWO), to be honest.

8. thereaperman44

thereaperman44 Member

when and wht do you think it will take for the paradigm shift?

9. lithium

lithium frogboy

It's ok, they just mean "a new configuration of global political alliances", not the spooky hidden hand conspiracy type NWO that the common or garden wackjobs believe in... They're either using the phrase according to the actual meaning of the words, or more likely they've heard the phrase muttered in the darker corners of the internet and have picked it up without really knowing what connotations it has among its occupants - you know, the people who live in their parents basement and listen to Alex Jones...

10. odonII

odonII O

I don't really know. Sorry. There seems to be incremental changes, and shifts of power. I would imagine I won't see much fundamental change in my lifetime.

What do you think?

11. 900footclouds

900footclouds Guest

I have heard this too and wondered what they meant.
    We are sleep walking into a horrible future, im not sure where to begin to try and stop it.

12. odonII

odonII O

I'm watching: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03b4q95

Most things in our world seem pretty asinine in comparison.

What do you THINK they meant?

What horrible future?

13. 900footclouds

900footclouds Guest

I dunno, just because what we have in the UK is quite good in comparison to what happens elsewhere, doesnt mean that we should think that all is fine and dandy.

14. odonII

odonII O

True. But: 'We are sleep walking into a horrible future, im not sure where to begin to try and stop it.' - seems to suggest you are worried about something - what would that be?

15. 900footclouds

900footclouds Guest

Im not sure worried is the right word. I just have an over all feeling that something nasty is on the horizon, even if i never see it.

16. odonII

odonII O

Seems a rather irrational state to be in.

Although, I kinda know what you mean.

I'm not taking it personally, though.

More of a concern for others rather than myself.

17. 900footclouds

900footclouds Guest

I dont think I know what you mean sorry!

18. odonII

odonII O

I mean that you seem to have a somewhat irrational fear of something nasty on the horizon for your own personal circumstances, and I somewhat appreciate what you mean, but do not have that fear for myself/this country, but I do sense that others/countries might have something horrible on their horizon. Looking at the world as it is today, and how it was, the issues that seem to be evident now seem asinine. So, I am vigilant to what might happen to others, but not overly concerned for my/this countries future.

19. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

Things are, in general, better than ever with the prospect of improving.

There's still war, but it claims less lives than ever.
    There's still illness, but medical breakthroughs are made all the time
    There's still poverty and hunger, but not as wide spread as it was in the past

With the freedom of information that the Internet brings, world leaders are more accountable than ever. Well, assuming the people they lead have the inclination to educate themselves and hold their leaders accountable, which is a whole other issue

What I'm trying to say is that, sure, things could always be better, and things can always get a lot worse, quickly. But things could be a whole lot worse than they are, too.

20. odonII

odonII O

What about religion and it's underlying pervasiveness, Jimmy?