Magnetic Diode Invented

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by wooleeheron, Nov 23, 2018.

1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Researchers defy 19th-century law of physics in 21st-century boost for energy efficiency

This defies 150 years of conventional wisdom concerning electricity and magnetism, and means they can now measure the thermodynamics of magnetism. Diodes are analogous to one way valves in a pipe, that only let water flow in one direction, and this one only allows a magnetic field to travel from one source to another in one direction, producing an artificial monopole. Using two diodes like this to measure both ends of a magnet simultaneously, could shed light on their particle-wave duality and why heat and magnetism are always proportional. The technology is so analog and so new, its rather pointless to even speculate what all the applications might be, because its like somebody just reinvented electronics. Along with the new atom radios and weirdness they've cooked up lately, this is the stuff of next generation Star Trek technology.

2. Ah yes, the transtator. I remember that episode, "A Piece of the Action". Vic Tayback was in it.

3. wooleeheron

The "transtator" was the foundation of their entire technology, like a transistor, but here we are verging on self-organizing electronics, that can leverage dimensions squeezing, topological quantum mechanics, and just about anything imaginable. This could easily become part of a time machine, a warp drive, and god only knows what the hell else, because its the first electronic component to introduce nonlinear field effects into the topology itself. It could be fifty years before they even come close to figuring out all the basic ways to use the technology, and a century before they really master it. The AI and quantum computers will put everyone to shame.

4. I don't buy time travel. How could it possibly work? The earth is not in the same place from moment to moment and its path through space does not repeat for millions of years. Past or future, if you successfully traveled through time, you will likely arrive marooned in space somewhere. Even if it's only a year you'd have to find and then travel back to earth which is traveling along with our solar system at over 800km per hour.

But hey, Jules wasn't wrong about much. Read Paris in the 20th century!

5. wooleeheron

Time travel is already possible, and you can travel into the future in a rocket. The astronauts who went to the moon came back about three minutes younger than if they'd stayed on the earth. Assuming 42 is as good an explanation as anyone is ever going to get, then time travel works because we inhabit a singularity, where everything is eventually context dependent. Rather than nature avoiding paradoxes, she would present them in a symmetrical manner, just as the Simultaneity Paradox of Relativity suggests. In order to conserve at least the illusion of reality, the future would normalize the past, explaining how the arrow of time and the forces of nature arise.

The implication is that a variety of different types of time travel are possible, but you have to have compatible karma or the appropriate technology, and where the two meet is a question yet to be answered. Time crystals are already being studied in laboratories which can substitute time for flaws in their geometry, and it could be for us to learn a variety of new ways to manipulate time will require a quantum computer and AI.

WritersPanic likes this.
  6. Now you're starting to sound like an article from the India Times!

7. wooleeheron

The Chinese government has banned the use of time travel as a plot device in their mass media, on the pretext that time travel is not a traditional Chinese theme in literature. From the work I've done over the last ten years, it is obvious they are attempting to hide state secrets related to their language and the ability to manipulate time. Its all based on pattern matching and, theoretically, with the right pattern matching you can figure out hundreds of ways to manipulate time using technology or your mind.

8. So far I have only managed to travel into the future. But rather slowly. Still, I get there!

Matias likes this.
  9. wooleeheron

My instant messaging service provided answers to my questions, before I hit the send button, for two months on and off. Trust me, time is never what you think it is until that time rolls round again, and the next scientific revolution is about to begin based on our ability to manipulate time in new and exciting ways.

10. egger

egger Member

11. wooleeheron

We are spirits in the material world, where Schrodinger's Cat is simultaneously alive and dead at the same time, before you put him in the box. Putting the cat in the box merely makes it easier to see that it is alive and dead at the same time.